Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

NEC Motorhme and Caravan show

I would have to disagree. Every transporter style van had major compromises compared to the California.
Perhaps I prefer the factory finish, and fair to say there’s a lot out there to cater for various tastes.

Volkswagen smashed the design out of the park with the Cali. Everyone else is just trying to mimic that formula.
Personal preference I suppose. But remember the Cali is a compromise mounted on a Caravelle & not designed primarily as a camper. Main shortcomings for me are poor storage options: annoyingly headrests taking up space below the bed when folded and lack of airline cupboard above kitchen are obvious areas that could be easily improved & would make big difference. The fact that those funny little Brandrup bags are so popular tells it's own story. Also the electric roof is very prone to snagging no matter how careful you are, which highlights a design fault. It's good, but the designers have been complacent since the T5 days.

Yes and there was a queue to look inside. Shows how a bit of modern design can pique people’s interest.
The other stand that had a lot of interest was Opus trailer tents. Not fundamentally different to others, but again a far more modern design. There’s are twice the price and their display was still very busy at the end of the day, when everywhere else was quiet. Not just tyre kickers either. We saw people signing.
It’s a pity that more leisure vehicle producers don’t sit up and take note.
Yeah those Opus trailer tents are really nice, I’d be tempted by one myself… but yeah £30k ouch!

Yeah those Opus trailer tents are really nice, I’d be tempted by one myself… but yeah £30k ouch!
The other thing that really impressed me at the show was the Coachman Lusso Caravan, appreciate they've been around a while but first time I've been around one. Absolutely palatial inside and about 47k, in fact the interior was on a par with the half million pound Morelo IMO.

Back