Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My first camper van, it’s a dream come true

C

California pete

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Hi everyone
I’ve just bought my first ever camper van…it’s a new California coast.
I’m absolutely amazed at all the things this little van can do….me and my partner are keen hillwalkers runners and cyclists and big fans of music festivals….
We hope to use our van to the absolute max…still figuring out how everything works, only had it for 2days haha.
Loving being part of your group…I’ve always wanted a vw camper and have saved up for nearly 5 yrs to buy a new one…I’ve been patient and this now feels like a dream come true…I was bubbling when I picked it up.
Happy days everyone✌️❤️

Hi everyone
I’m absolutely amazed at all the things this little van can do….me and my partner are keen hillwalkers runners and cyclists and big fans of music festivals….
We hope to use our van to the absolute max…still figuring out how everything works, only had it for 2days haha.
Loving being part of your group…I’ve always wanted a vw camper and have saved up for nearly 5 yrs to buy a new one…I’ve been patient and this now feels like a dream come true…I was bubbling when I picked it up.
Happy days everyone✌️❤️
Pics of van needed or it hasn’t happened.
Enjoy:thumb

Great van you must be so chuffed! We are still waiting for our coast ordered august. Couple of questions - is there wireless phone charging or wireless apple CarPlay in the front? Thanks. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A real feel good posting. I could sense your joy of ownership. Welcome to the Cali family and enjoy.

Great van you must be so chuffed! We are still waiting for our coast ordered august. Couple of questions - is there wireless phone charging or wireless apple CarPlay in the front? Thanks. Enjoy!

Hi
I’m pretty sure there’s not wireless phone charging….wireless apple carplay I’m not sure about…I do know that I can’t plug in a normal usb on the dash it’s a smaller plug…so I’ve ordered a couple of wee adapters for that.
I’ll get back to you on the apple carplay

The new fully loaded Ocean we rented last year had wireless carplay (although I found it a faff and used it plugged in) but not wireless charging. My recollection is the wireless charging only ever made it to the EU models and not UK.

My 22MY Ocean does Carplay and Android Auto - both wireless and plugged with wireless charging - I think you need to tick an option to get wireless charging - but the phone gets quite warm. :Nailbiting - not sure if this is wireless charging, Android Auto or the combination of the two.

With my Samsung S20 Android Auto just works - both wired and wireless - including speech control of the phone with a long press on the speech button on the steering wheel (I use it for Spotify and Destination input). Using Google Maps "Send to Phone" from a PC/Tablet works really well too with Android Auto - the destination you choose on your PC is then available in Android Auto in the van fairly seamlessly.

The new fully loaded Ocean we rented last year had wireless carplay (although I found it a faff and used it plugged in) but not wireless charging. My recollection is the wireless charging only ever made it to the EU models and not UK.
Unfortunately I didn’t get the chance to add anything to the van…when I enquired about the coast around Christmas time it had just been discontinued.
What I got was another coast which had been ordered but then the person didn’t want it, the dealership added a panoramic window, tinted glass, the mojave beige paint and a reverse camera.
So I’ve not been able to give it my own personal touch….but now that I have it I will very much make it my own

My 22MY Ocean does Carplay and Android Auto - both wireless and plugged with wireless charging - I think you need to tick an option to get wireless charging - but the phone gets quite warm. :Nailbiting - not sure if this is wireless charging, Android Auto or the combination of the two.

With my Samsung S20 Android Auto just works - both wired and wireless - including speech control of the phone with a long press on the speech button on the steering wheel (I use it for Spotify and Destination input). Using Google Maps "Send to Phone" from a PC/Tablet works really well too with Android Auto - the destination you choose on your PC is then available in Android Auto in the van fairly seamlessly.
I’m not really that techy lol…I’m quite happy with hands free phone calls and playing a playlist from my phone…..
What I do miss though is an old school CD player

Our MY21 Coast has Android Auto with the standard (No upgrades) media unit. You just have to connect the phone in order for it connect (No Blutooth). I find it no hassle and have bought a magnetic phone holder that sits in the adjacent cup holder to the USB C slots. (Nice short USB C - USB C cable for neatness)
There is an SD slot which I use for my tunes / media files.
Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone!

Our MY21 Coast has Android Auto with the standard (No upgrades) media unit. You just have to connect the phone in order for it connect (No Blutooth). I find it no hassle and have bought a magnetic phone holder that sits in the adjacent cup holder to the USB C slots. (Nice short USB C - USB C cable for neatness)
Hope that helps.
Which magnetic phone holder do you use? A pic would be great. Thanks

Sure, posted here......

Post in thread 'What have you bought for your Cali today :)' https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/what-have-you-bought-for-your-cali-today.8536/post-539347

Post in thread 'What have you bought for your Cali today :)' https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/what-have-you-bought-for-your-cali-today.8536/post-539415
Thank you. I’m looking for one that fits somewhere down there, allowing the charger to be plugged in, but doesn’t block the cup holder.
Thoughts welcome!

Hope that helps.
Brilliant….I’ll be doing exactly what your doing

Could you post a pic of your living area floor please?

Hi everyone
Happy days everyone✌️❤️
Welcome, enjoy it, truly amazing van