Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Multivan door cards.

Mollen

Mollen

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the door cards from a Multivan/full fat Cali fit on a beach? I assume the beach is based on a transporter and the full fat Cali on a Multivan. I would like the cards to be a perfect fit not somthing that "catches" on the dash trim because its not exactly the same.Maybe someone has already fitted them?

:thanks

Mollen said:
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the door cards from a Multivan/full fat Cali fit on a beach? I assume the beach is based on a transporter and the full fat Cali on a Multivan. I would like the cards to be a perfect fit not somthing that "catches" on the dash trim because its not exactly the same.Maybe someone has already fitted them?

:thanks

Beach is based on a Multivan Startline - Cali on a Multivan Comfortline

Even in Germany/LHD Markets - Multivan Startline comes with a Transporter Dash and Door Cards - in fact the only difference between the Multivan Startline and a Beach is the pop top. Multivan Comfortline gets different dash and door card (no dash for the UK).

You're correct the door cards are significantly different on on a Comfortline - no reason why the Comfortline cards shouldn't fit onto a Beach.

LHD Cali's with the different dash get a extra wraparound trim on the doors, metal effect or wood which follows the dash but this doesn't happen in the UK. I see no reason why they shouldn't fit.

An interesting idea - what made you think of that?

James

Thanks James,

We have a manual Beach and my wife wants to have one with DSG so we went to our local dealers.
They only had a comfortine and I I just seem to notice how much nicer the doors were. We don't won't a comfortine as we need the extra seats but I thought maybe I can spice a beach up and the doors would be a good start.

Mart.

Mollen said:
Thanks James,

We have a manual Beach and my wife wants to have one with DSG so we went to our local dealers.
They only had a comfortine and I I just seem to notice how much nicer the doors were. We don't won't a comfortine as we need the extra seats but I thought maybe I can spice a beach up and the doors would be a good start.

Mart.

it's something I'd thought about - I wouldn't do it personally because if I did it, it would go wrong lol.

On a similar vein the Comfortline Cali also gets a sunglass holder (no the one on the door pillar that you can add) - it's in the centre near the interior internal light switches. I asked about having this added but it's a bit more complicated.

James

Hi again,

I am definitely going to upgrade the cabin I had a look on the internet last night, plenty of styling company's but I only want original VW parts. To be honest James I didn't even know that the trim levels where different until I sat in the comfortine and as you say it's even different in RHD and LHD ( looked on Mobil.de and autotrader).
The strange thing is on Uk VW site they show the LHD dashboard with the built in bottle holder and the wrap around inlay :(.
So I will be trying to source the multivan door cards with the inlay.

//Mart.

Mollen said:
Hi again,

I am definitely going to upgrade the cabin I had a look on the internet last night, plenty of styling company's but I only want original VW parts. To be honest James I didn't even know that the trim levels where different until I sat in the comfortine and as you say it's even different in RHD and LHD ( looked on Mobil.de and autotrader).
The strange thing is on Uk VW site they show the LHD dashboard with the built in bottle holder and the wrap around inlay :(.
So I will be trying to source the multivan door cards with the inlay.

//Mart.

Mart

It's not something we have to be aware of in the UK so it was well spotted by you.

In Germany a Caravelle is their Shuttle and a Caravelle is called a Multivan and to confuse it further there is a whole range of Multivans that we don't get in the uk. The basic premise is VW's trim designation which we see a bit of in the UK.

Startline
Trendline
Comfortline
Highline

I think you have a very interesting idea, would love to know how you get on

James

James said:

James

When/if i source the original materials i will OFC post some before and after photos.

//Mart

Mollen said:
James said:

James

When/if i source the original materials i will OFC post some before and after photos.

//Mart

Good - I'd like to see

If you search on here there is an excellent thread on removing door cards :)

James

Back