Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Multiple electrical failure

2CV67

2CV67

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Immediately following our epic clutch pedal problem in Italy (https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/droopy-clutch-pedal.24171/) we again found ourselves on a VW-Assistance breakdown truck, this time in Germany!!!

We were cruising steadily on the Autobahn towards Munich, when the cruise-control dropped out, with an exclamation mark on the dash.
It was rapidly apparent that the indicators, warning flashers, air-conditioning, electric windows & interior lighting were out.
Stopping at a service area, the cooling fan was running (temp OK) but we couldn't open the side or back doors & the wipers worked but didn't self-park...
The engine ran, stopped & restarted OK.
There were no other warnings on the dash.
VW Assistance got us a truck & took us to a local VW/Audi garage who found us a hotel for the night, then told us the next day that they would need to order a new control box & that could take a week (with a long weekend) so we decided to limp home instead (300km with no indicators etc...).

Neither the tow-truck nor the hotel wanted to know about VW Assistance paying, so I had to pay both of those & have contacted VW for a refund...

The van is now with our usual VW garage & I am waiting for their verdict.

Do those symptoms point clearly to some obvious fault?

I can't see any link (except physical proximity between the master cylinder & the electrical boxes under the battery - LHD vehicle) but it seems too much of a coincidence to have this issue immediately after the work on the clutch...
Can anybody else see a link?

So our score for this year is 3800km, 6 days motorway driving & not a single place visited!!!

Thanks