Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Multimedia setup (list of all changes / extras)

Eber123

Eber123

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hello,

Just finished the installation of our "Multimedia setup" in the GC 600.

Because I couldn't find anybody to change the USB connector to 12 V connector (and I couldn't do it myself) it was clear that we can't have a TV in the GC. So I thought about this workaround:
  • 15.6" portable monitor
  • FireTV stick
  • Headrest TV bracket
This will gives us all the options of the FireTV stick e.g. streaming video, Internet, Youtube, radio, mirroring of Android devices. Also I hope that the electricity use of the equipment won't be too high.

I got the TV bracket this morning and finalized the setup:

20220401_113755.jpg

20220401_121036.jpg

20220401_113116.jpg

20220401_113108.jpg

Only the two of us use the camper and the seat for the dog is there all the time. Because of this the monitor won't be in anybody's way. It might not look neat but it works and everything can be taken off without a trace and nothing was changed on the VW setup.

With the Grand California we said that we won't spend so much money, but a few things we got nevertheless.
  • Brandrup second skin (front and back)
  • Brandrup 4Top
  • Brandrup Isolite (inside)
  • Smaller table (which really improves the use of the camper)
  • LPG setup (I already filled it up, it is nice to have a reliable gauge and an easy refill whenever we want, and not when we need)
  • The rails and wood for the shelf for the back, left cabinet
  • Votronic Bluetooth Connector S-BC (gives good overview of the solar panel charge, better than the Camper Unit)
  • Pandora Camper Mini
  • Michelin Agilis CrossClimate
  • Netgear Airblade 810
  • Netgear Aerial
  • Various storage options from Ikea (stuck to wall)
The only thing left might be a Bluetooth speaker for the monitor. The build in are a bit "thin". But that should be all (for the moment :happy ).

Happy Grand Califonria
Eberhard

Back