Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Motorway Fuel (in the crisis)

Sorry about interrupting the petty squabble about BxxxT but can I ask an on topic question?

@GrumpyGranddad Whats the fuel situation round your way?
I have the van going in for the roof pump change to your local dealer & based upon previous experience the courtesy van is likely to be sniffing on fumes which is of no use to anyone if I can't get fuel.
Hi @andyinluton the situation here is still variable. I passed the local petrol station in Wendover at around 10.15 this morning and they had fuel and the queue was only 2 or 3 cars. When I passed it again at 2pm it was sold out and coned off. I passed another in Bedgrove, Aylesbury this morning that has recently had very long queues and they were selling fuel and there was no queue. It’s pot luck at the moment.

I didn’t say it was a “ fact” your compatriot stated that, so take it up with him if he was incorrect. I , personally, couldn’t care what the reasons are. Obviously you do care so take it up with him.
I’m back to watching the rain, marginally more interesting than your reply. Sorry.
Fairs. I’ll stick with boring factual replies and you stick with the usual, “it might be a ****show here but look how bad it is over there” ;)

Hi @andyinluton the situation here is still variable. I passed the local petrol station in Wendover at around 10.15 this morning and they had fuel and the queue was only 2 or 3 cars. When I passed it again at 2pm it was sold out and coned off. I passed another in Bedgrove, Aylesbury this morning that has recently had very long queues and they were selling fuel and there was no queue. It’s pot luck at the moment.
Maybe Andy is going to Citygate Wooburn Green? If so... I live a not too far away, near Amersham. Situation today was that I managed to get diesel in two places - the first near Hazlemere (near High Wycombe) where they were only dispensing £30 worth. As I needed to fill up the van for a trailer-haul 'oop North' on Tuesday I then found more at Tesco Amersham.

Also managed to get some petrol for one of our cars in Amersham town yesterday and I think they also had diesel there at that point.

So the general picture in South Bucks is that it's getting a bit better than it was last week, although fuel stations seem to be selling out the same day they get re-filled so as GG says it's certainly still pot luck.

Maybe Andy is going to Citygate Wooburn Green? If so... I live a not too far away, near Amersham. Situation today was that I managed to get diesel in two places - the first near Hazlemere (near High Wycombe) where they were only dispensing £30 worth. As I needed to fill up the van for a trailer-haul 'oop North' on Tuesday I then found more at Tesco Amersham.

Also managed to get some petrol for one of our cars in Amersham town yesterday and I think they also had diesel there at that point.

So the general picture in South Bucks is that it's getting a bit better than it was last week, although fuel stations seem to be selling out the same day they get re-filled so as GG says it's certainly still pot luck.

SE London

I passed half a dozen filling stations today. All were empty. But supermarket filling stations (which I didn’t pass so cannot confirm) seem to be doing better.

I live near Edinburgh and have been to Darlington this weekend Darlington no queues at any petrol station I passed on route.

Thanks for the responses. When it comes to fuel, Luton & the surrounding area is as dry as Ghandi's flip flops.

It appears one station gets a delivery, 10mins later there's a 2 hour queue formed & then its all gone.

The only place I've managed to fill up in the last 2 weeks is Toddington Services on the M1 where whilst there have been queues, they've had staff managing them efficiently & with 18 pumps the short queue moves quickly.
As I'm impatient, I would rather take the hit of an extra 25p a litre than spend hours queuing.

If it wasn't for the fear of getting lynched I'd fill up a jerrycan at Toddington to take to Wooburn green with me.

Thanks for the responses. When it comes to fuel, Luton & the surrounding area is as dry as Ghandi's flip flops.

It appears one station gets a delivery, 10mins later there's a 2 hour queue formed & then its all gone.

The only place I've managed to fill up in the last 2 weeks is Toddington Services on the M1 where whilst there have been queues, they've had staff managing them efficiently & with 18 pumps the short queue moves quickly.
As I'm impatient, I would rather take the hit of an extra 25p a litre than spend hours queuing.

If it wasn't for the fear of getting lynched I'd fill up a jerrycan at Toddington to take to Wooburn green with me.
Supermarket petrol stations in St Albans are generally fine, in case you're passing through from Luton.