Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MoT and Final Warranty Work

SimplyDubs

SimplyDubs

VW and loving it...
Vehicle
N/A
Van's just been in for a final service and a check out of any last warranty work that may be needed.

MoT all fine.

Warranty work completed,included replacement high level brake ligh that had lost some of the LEDs and a replacement steering column.

It had a Very slight clunk when you turned the steering wheel. (Apparently a reasonably well documented issue)

They also picked up on very slight bubbling on the roof panel, both rear corners. (Sorted shortly)

And some slight stress marks on some of the rear door trims which they've also agreed to replace.

Glad to get it sorted with only two weeks of warranty left

Good Service from Northampton Van Centre... unfortunately soon to stop doing Commercial Vehicles

Interesting to note the steering cluck. I wouldn't say I have a clunk but when on full lock I can feel 'something'

I also have a paint imperfection in one corner of the roof but I'm not convinced it's a bubble, more like contamination from dust or something I think.

Glad you're all sorted. Have you been offered / Considered the extended warranty?

Hi Stu,

The clunk or "something" is apparently a very common problem... So much so there are two fixes that are carried out frequently.

One is the lower steering column they did on mine, the other is replacing the drive shafts which can get worn. Not heard of this on facelifts, but have known a few preface lifts that have had I around the 20k mark.

Not really thought about the extended warranty... Should have a look at it, but suspect I'll leave it. With 3 VW campers, the other two older than the Cali I'm inevitably relatively used to paying for repairs ;-)

I'll let you know how I get on looking at the options

Rgds

M

Thanks for the reply.

The van has only covered 2.2k miles so it's unlikely to be a wear issue. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it progress's.

Back