Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Missing your Cali?

M

mbenne

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Haven't used the van since August and have really missed it! Our son borrowed it to take his partner and our Grandson to Camper Calling over the bank holiday and then on to Cornwall for a holiday with friends. With time on our hands we spent a week in a Airbnb in Devon and headed off to Tenerife, returning this weekend. Drove it again for the first time yesterday to take it in to Swansway B'ham for some warranty work. It was a fantastic feeling driving down the M6, half imagining that we were heading off on another adventure. Sadly, we have a lot of DIY at home over the next few weeks but definitely looking forward to Xmas. Our son has invited us to down to London and being short on space in his flat we will be taking the van!

Our last trip - Clifton Hamden by the Thames

Thames.JPG

We're in Cornwall for October half term - looking forward to it very much!. Also using ours this coming weekend while visiting family.

Our last "big" trip during August to the South of France.

XIUG5415.jpg

We sold our lovely Beach in August. Have we missed it? Well yes and no.

On a purely practical level we have managed perfectly well with just the one car. I'm retired and Mrs B is as well for the most part but still insists on working one day a week, for which she uses the car. Often I take her in and pick her up so I have the use of the car during the day. We also do school runs on Mondays and Tuesdays for our grand children. So our life runs perfectly well without a second vehicle.

On a more emotional level though we have missed it like mad. We've missed sculling off for a cheeky picnic in the luxury of our heated mobile sitting room or meeting friends for camping weekends or random unplanned mini breaks off the radar. It's hard to describe the feeling of not having it standing there ready for the next adventure. Yes, we could and do have adventures in the car but they just aren't the same somehow. Pitching up somewhere, swivelling the seats and winding the awning out engenders some very stong feelings that a car could never do. So we are counting down the days when our totally unnecessary but indespensible new Beach arrives.

I couldn't think not having the California anymore.
Even if I wouldn't go camping with it anymore I'd still keep it as my daily driver (as it is now too).
Well, I wouldn't return to a "normal" car anymore, as I am addicted to the riding height, overview of traffic, practicality of a square box, loads of space,... (all compared to a "normal" car).

If I would ever get rid of the California I'd buy at least a Multivan.
I can't stand to sit low anymore, not being able to overview traffic, getting in and out the car (I am 1,95 meter).

Wouldn't miss all the rattle and squeecking and all the other noises though.

Nope, I won't get rid of the California soon!

Back