Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Missing rear leisure battery

J

Jon Hermansen

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all. After a couple months after we bought our T5 cali ocean 2007 i found out the rear leisure battery is missing. Both battery and cables are removed. Old owners didnt know anything about it. So i bought two new agm 80 amp batteries to replace both leisure batteries. What power and earth cable size should it be from the under seat battery to the one in the back? And a 75 amp fuse is the correct one to have on the rear battery pole right? And last question should the one earth cable from the shunt under the fridge connect to the negative on the battery? Thanks and a happy summer to you all :)

16mm2 according to the wiring scheme here in the download section.

Hi all. After a couple months after we bought our T5 cali ocean 2007 i found out the rear leisure battery is missing. Both battery and cables are removed. Old owners didnt know anything about it. So i bought two new agm 80 amp batteries to replace both leisure batteries. What power and earth cable size should it be from the under seat battery to the one in the back? And a 75 amp fuse is the correct one to have on the rear battery pole right? And last question should the one earth cable from the shunt under the fridge connect to the negative on the battery? Thanks and a happy summer to you all :)
Sorry for late reply, I am a new member and I have the exact problem you describe; a missing second leisure battery (A24 in the diagram)!
For the California SE 2005 I bought recently the seller gave me the attached documents.
The S339 fuse is only 50A in the diagram pulled from VW AGs documents related to exactly my van (reg number).
Btw thanks for explaining the numbers (dimension) on wire legends later on this thread. 556C4461-7BDC-4C59-B5F7-C9AF728F4460.jpeg