Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Missing cloaking button??

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
We appear to have a missing button on our Cali dash (and every other vehicle we have) that makes the van invisible.
Judging by the number of people passing me in 50mph average speed camera areas on the M1 I'm sure they must have some sort of invisibility button.
Are all these vehicles cloned/stolen, have drivers who just don't care or just don't understand the word "average".
Do they have a "Cloaking Button" or do they know something I don't? :?

I do wonder if those average speed road work cameras are even wired up.

Has anyone ever had a ticket from motorway road works?

I am a good boy and set my cruise control to 55mph for a 50mph average speed camera (thinking that speedos read low - and they give you a margin for error). I am sure 59mph would be fine....

Especially annoying in the M1 road works near Sheffield that go on for EVER!

T

I use my sat navs for speed limits, then set CC as i find it more accurate than the speedo display.

John :thanks

Sticking to the speed limit can often put you in danger from the numpties that ignore it.
Yes, how do they get away with it?

I believe they caught quite a few near me on the A14 its mayhem

I know of people who have been nicked by average speed cameras. So gyes they usually wlrk. I set my truck cc to 49 & keep an eye on speed going down hill ! I don't want to find out tbey work the expensive way.

Calikev said:
I believe they caught quite a few near me on the A14 its mayhem
It is impossible to speed on that bit of road....

It is an Average Speed system. So 30mph for half the distance then 70mph for the rest. :laugh2

WelshGas said:
It is an Average Speed system. So 30mph for half the distance then 70mph for the rest. :laugh2

Yes but these numpties pass the cameras at 70 and then slow down. :lol:
I'm sure the cameras will record the actual speed as they are passed. Too much revenue to miss if they don't.

Brandrup does them; only £10.4 million.

KernowLad said:
Brandrup does them; only £10.4 million.

Thats for the front cloaks,

The rears cost more.

Mind you, it needs a lot more to cover my rear :oops:

I have cars speed up to my truck as approaching camera & they sit in my 'shadow' & then speed off till next camera, hoping to avoid getting caught speeding. I slow down when they try ! But they forget they are increasing the chances of being involved in an accident which will cost them more !!

Back