Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

mirror extensions for a T6 Ocean for towing a caravan

Monty6

Monty6

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Mirror extensions for towing a caravan. Any recommendations, please?

Not used the Cali to tow a caravan but had many years of towing prior to Cali ownership.

clamp on is best as strap on ones don't secure well to mirror rear (front) curved surface.

I preferred Convex for a wide angle view of either inside or outside lanes.

A comprehensive range here, remember to check if a problem folding the mirrors when attached.

I wouldn't use the suction type as if hit it would probably break your main mirror glass.

I tow an Eriba and bought the Milenco Grand Aero 3 mirrors. Mine have flat mirrors and having used them, would have preferred the convex mirror version.

My only observation is that they do vibrate, despite moving them as close to the door mirrors as possible to reduce the length of the mounting bar.

Alan

Thanks both. Will do more research. New to towing, (scary). collecting caravan in 2 weeks. Probably go with advice of dealer.

Which caravan have you bought?

Which caravan have you bought?
Swift Basecamp 2. We can get 2 bikes in thru the rear door. Collecting it end of the month….totally new to towing!

Swift Basecamp 2. We can get 2 bikes in thru the rear door. Collecting it end of the month….totally new to towing!
Looks a nice caravan. Caravan and motorhome club run towing classes I went on one years ago and now get a discount on my caravan insurance with them. Re mirrors- not sure which to recommend but beware that you retighten them just before you leave as some are inclined to loosen then fall off.