Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MDF board / rear parcel shelf in early T5

I have recently acquired my first ever Cali, this year. One of the things I am struggling to work out is what the threaded catches on the MDF board, at the north-west and south-west of the photo above are for? They project out and are a bit of a liability for scratching up the cupboards when you forget to lift the shelf up carefully enough. If they are redundant I am thing of taking them off but do not want to do that if they have a use.
I could also do with the part number for a couple of replacement rubber covers for the hinge spigot, if you can still get them.

I have recently acquired my first ever Cali, this year. One of the things I am struggling to work out is what the threaded catches on the MDF board, at the north-west and south-west of the photo above are for? They project out and are a bit of a liability for scratching up the cupboards when you forget to lift the shelf up carefully enough. If they are redundant I am thing of taking them off but do not want to do that if they have a use.
I could also do with the part number for a couple of replacement rubber covers for the hinge spigot, if you can still get them.
It’s possible to slot them into 2 different holes isn’t it? To have the shelf at a different angle.
IMG_3478.jpeg

Back