Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattresses

Steve G

Steve G

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Any advice regarding mattresses the one we have is not very comfortable.

we have a Comfortz mattress in the roof whichis very comfy. Its in two halves so can easily be pulled down and used downstairs as well.

Duvalay gold topper.

We have the 5cm gold topper to fit lower bed. Probably had it three years it is shaped to fit . We just fold it into three on parcel shelf when not in use. When in use we just roll it up with sleeping bag onto parcel shelf hop this is helpful.

Reactions: wyn
We have the 5cm gold topper to fit lower bed. Probably had it three years it is shaped to fit . We just fold it into three on parcel shelf when not in use. When in use we just roll it up with sleeping bag onto parcel shelf hop this is helpful.

I see thanks Jeff, do they do you know for they do one to fit the bed up top?

We had 4 very long nights over the BH weekend in Cornwall, and are despite to get something sorted before we go away again. We only use the upstairs as we have a good size Collie that sleeps down stairs and it's not fair so squish him in.

Ideally we would like something we can just leave in place with the roof down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know about upstairs. I think comfortz make a mattress for upstairs bed that you can leave in place . Duvalay topper I think would be to thick if leaving original mattress in place .

I see thanks Jeff, do they do you know for they do one to fit the bed up top?

We had 4 very long nights over the BH weekend in Cornwall, and are despite to get something sorted before we go away again. We only use the upstairs as we have a good size Collie that sleeps down stairs and it's not fair so squish him in.

Ideally we would like something we can just leave in place with the roof down

Duvalay made us a 5cm gold topper for the top bed. We gave them the measurements of the top bed mattress and they made the mattress and fitted sheets to this size. We store it on the back shelf when not in use. It makes such a difference, we found lying on your side was not comfortable.

Duvalay made us a 5cm gold topper for the top bed. We gave them the measurements of the top bed mattress and they made the mattress and fitted sheets to this size. We store it on the back shelf when not in use. It makes such a difference, we found lying on your side was not comfortable.

Sorry are you saying that you still can't sleep in your sides even with the topper in place?

Sorry are you saying that you still can't sleep in your sides even with the topper in place?

We found just using the VW mattress on it's own was not comfortable. The Duvalay on top of the VW mattress is perfect.

Last edited:
One of the first things we bought for the California was a Duvalay 5cm topper for the lower bed. Our previous van was a Brazilian T2 Danbury Rio for which we used a similar topper. In the California we have found the upper bed with the standard mattress so comfortable that we rarely sleep downstairs unless it is very windy or very cold. The Duvalay topper is very comfortable and can be stored folded up on the rear shelf when not in use. My only reservation is that being memory foam it can feel warm in hot weather.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thank you! I will call them later today

"Look no hands"

We had Duvalay toppers in our motorhome and although they are good in the winter they become VERY hot in the summer and warm weather meaning you sweat into the memory foam. For this reason we are looking for alternatives when our Cali arrives as we will use it more in summer than winter.

I have a Comfortz topper, great nights sleep. Folds up on the multiflex board.

Agreed about Duvalay, they do make you hot and sweaty when the weather is warm, we rushed in and bought one of these before reading reviews as we got sucked in at the NEC last year where they were on offer.

Don't know about upstairs. I think comfortz make a mattress for upstairs bed that you can leave in place . Duvalay topper I think would be to thick if leaving original mattress in place .

We've got this one together with Duvalay memory foam sleeping bags. Very comfortable!

Back