Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress Topper question from a newbie

A

ahjury

VIP Member
I have a T6 VW Beach with 3 seater bench. A bit confused what I am meant to put over the seats when they are made up into the bed. I clearly don't have the VW Mattress that is talked about. Do I defo need something to put over the seats ? I've seen the discussion on mattress toppers but confused whether this is something to go over the VW mattress or straight onto the seats. If I don't have the VW mattress can I just buy a topper ? Any suggestions ?

The seats have contours in them when laid flat that's all. If you get drunk enough that wont bother you too much. I had the VW mattress in my beach but to be honest 99% of the time I slept upstairs and never carried the rather large bulky mattress. Some people hate the VW mattress and use a topper ashwell such as zone sleep but that's even more stuff to carry. I reckon a topper on it's own is all you need or just some large camping Mats or just lay on a quilt. Depends how easy you sleep and on what.

Due to the gaps between the seat cushions and the contours just sleeping on the seats as is , is not the best comfort wise. We use the Duvalay topper the thinner one which are really good. Still bulky but ok. We have the individual ones with the integrated quilt and quilt cover, which makes them super easy for setting up.
No messing about with sheets etc, and because they are open on one side they are really like your bed quilt rather than sleeping bags which I ffind quite restrictive and quite often too hot.
You can check out the principle on the duvalay site and they have a range inc different thicknesses, colours etc to choose from.