Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress Questions

jonesey

jonesey

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all

I've got the comfort mattress included on our new (well, 2012) Cali.

So unless I was folding it out wrong, is it just a 2/3 length mattress? If I fold it out completely the height of the bit in the back of the van is higher than that over the seats. If I push it into the back and then leave the middle bit folded over it's the same height, but only 2/3 length.

I hope that makes sense. :)

Also, does anyone know of any good bags for these Matresses? It's in the plastic at the mo but I think a custom bag would be better.

Cheers
Chris

post us a photo or 2 of the mattress laid out on the bed ....
if you have trouble posting then drop me an e-mail with the photo's and i'll let you know if it's the norm chris .. :thumb
choplee@btinternet.com

bags4all.co.uk make fantastic custom bags - we have used them for our exhition stand and the service has been great. They also make a range of standard bags for all kinds of motorhome/caravan bits and pieces.
Kittyx

is your bed flat before you put the mattress on top? sounds to me like you might have the rear section of the base in the higher of its two positions. That or the mattress is double thick at the rear section and is meant to replace the section on the rear frame perhaps?

Hi all

Finally got time to have a go at the mattress again and it was just because I hadn't dropped the rack in the boot to the lower position. Doh!

Thanks for the help and hints.

Back