Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Major school boy error....

Hi Wessexcamper, this is really useful and very much appreciated. Just in Breeze waiting to pick up Cali. Asked to have roof lining left off and have a couple of options to explore. Incredible frustrating and TBH not what I was expecting at breeze. ☹
Hope you got the van back ok, along with all the gubbins, which appear when the roof lining is removed. I don't know much about hydraulics, but my advice would be to buy the pipes from VW if you are planning to do it yourself as they are the correct length and terminated with the correct fittings. The only thing we used which was not VW was the sealant, which we got elsewhere (automotive).

quick update, roof all fixed, no error code after replacing the sensors and all is good with the world. Thank you again to the forum and it’s members , invaluable for technical and moral support. Special thanks to @wessexcamper

Congratulations on getting your Cali back on the road. Did you have to repair the hydraulics yourself in the end? Glad to have been of help, this forum has proved invaluable to us, and people have been really supportive.

Congratulations on getting your Cali back on the road. Did you have to repair the hydraulics yourself in the end? Glad to have been of help, this forum has proved invaluable to us, and people have been really supportive.
A good friend of mine fixed it, he’s a VW nut and installed a Cali roof onto his own T5 a few yrs ago so he knows the system well, probably better than most VW dealers....

Back