Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mains charging port flap won't open.

B

BuieBodach

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
OK, a quick question anyone with a California can answer, but I can't as I've not done this before on the older T5 I bought. I can't lift the flap covering the hookup port on the side of the van - is there a catch to release or something I'm not seeing? It may just be stiff but I don't want to apply force in case I break something which could have been avoided if I'd only known! It's maybe just short of a bit of WD40...

Thanks!

Just grab it at the bottom and pull it. It's better when they're stiff so they dont open in the wind when driving

Pour some hot, not boiling, water over it - give it a good drenching - then try. This should warm the plastic and make it a bit softer.

OK, a quick question anyone with a California can answer, but I can't as I've not done this before on the older T5 I bought. I can't lift the flap covering the hookup port on the side of the van - is there a catch to release or something I'm not seeing? It may just be stiff but I don't want to apply force in case I break something which could have been avoided if I'd only known! It's maybe just short of a bit of WD40...

Thanks!
The flap has 2 moulded clips on the bottom edge, on the outer edge. Use 2 hands on the bottom corners rather than pulling in the centre of the bottom edge.

Back