M6 toll

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I understand the M6 toll is high for a Cali l also think there is a discount for Caravan Club can anyone confirm what discount they get :thanks

Its discounted to be the same as a car. Sorry, can't remember exactly how much.

HY09UMU said:
I understand the M6 toll is high for a Cali l also think there is a discount for Caravan Club can anyone confirm what discount they get :thanks
£5.50 per single trip for CC club members, you need to show your membership card !
Ron.

I used the toll discount a few weeks back, out bound south was fine but return journey was less straight forward. I got to the toll booth, asked for the discount and the nice lady (self-restraint) said "sorry you need your caravan with you to get the discount" What! I said, after about ten minutes debate and a call to her supervisor it became apparent she though my cali was just a van, where's the bed she said :headbang. We were on the last part of a 900 mile one day journey back from the Alps and not in the mood for said debate about the definition of a motorhome. So yes you are entitled to discount and it's a worthwhile discount too and do not accept them saying otherwise (unless you’re not in you cali that is.

Ian

thanks all for your advise. :thumb

I have now been through the toll 5 times with Albert and no problem at any time getting the discount.

The only problem is that it does seem to be a rather laborious process applying the discount, the toll-booth-person having to write down what seems a lot of detail, which can lead to a disgruntled queue accumulating behind :oops:

The toll is a secondary issue for me,

I have used CC sites 5 times this year alone. Great places to get a shower, washing done and a Wi Fi connection for an average so far of £12 a night.

I got shafted with £11 for using this earlier in the year. Can anyone confirm if this discount still valid as I don't see it on the list of discounts. I don't want to try it again and get another big bill.

From the M6 Toll site: https://www.m6toll.co.uk/using-the-m6toll/offers/ Bottom of Page.

Caravan and motorhome drivers why not avoid the roadworks on the M6 this Summer!

Offer 6: Exclusive offer to The Caravan Club members

All Caravan Club members* can benefit from discounted travel on the M6toll when driving a vehicle towing a caravan or caravan trailer or driving a motorhome. Make use of our Caravan Club offer by simply producing your valid Caravan Club membership card prior to payment and receive the discounted toll price.

*this offer is exclusive to The Caravan Club members only, no other Club membership applies.

It is still in force.

I went both ways last Sunday and monday. Another £10 saved.

Half of the time I have been charged Van half the time car... most odd