Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

M6 toll charge

Probably doesn’t help I hit the toll with my roof rack attached...
Definitely over the 1.4m limit.

Good argument for lowering springs ;)
Its the hight of the bonnet at the centre line of the front axle that they measure, roof rack won't change the classification but lowering springs & front passengers help, a loaded bike rack on the back probably makes it worse.

Probably doesn’t help I hit the toll with my roof rack attached...
Definitely over the 1.4m limit.

Good argument for lowering springs ;)
Roof rack wouldn’t make any difference. It is the height above the front axle, approximately bottom of windscreen, that is measured.

Used it once, there was an accident. Cost me 3 hours, never again.

Wow.
I was un-happy because the 10 minutes I saved was being eaten up by not having a credit card on me.
I then spent time saved handing over contact details to pay later...

Very annoying, but looking at it from a probability angle. (I’m no expert) Is it not more likely that due to the much higher volume of traffic using the non toll M6, there will be an accident causing the road to be shut? I always use the toll and I’m certain I’ve saved more time than lost.

Very annoying, but looking at it from a probability angle. (I’m no expert) Is it not more likely that due to the much higher volume of traffic using the non toll M6, there will be an accident causing the road to be shut? I always use the toll and I’m certain I’ve saved more time than lost.
Mrs K always uses it if she is travelling to meet a customer but I refuse which she has come to except. Went through to the M5 last Friday at 10.30am sailed through although wouldn't fancy travelling that stretch at 8am on a normal weekday though.

I live about a mile from T6 so have used it regularly since it opened..... always happy to use it to get home..!!

(and of course price to get off at a junction is less than the main carriageway stations, in fact was only £1 a trip for quite sometime after opening)

We’ve always used the toll section in the car, we are convinced it saved us time. We won’t be using it in the Cali.

Back