Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

"Low battery" showing on radio display

IanE

IanE

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi - just wondered if anyone has experienced this? We were camped up for the weekend and when I turned the radio on, I got this message - and no radio. Our Cali is 2 1/2 years old with 22000 miles. The van started up no problem yesterday and the radio is now working fine. I find it a bit hard to believe that we should be having van battery problems when it's so young?

Cheers

Ian

Re: "Low battery" showing on radio display

I have seen this a couple of times (also on my Golf) when the radio has been on 30 mins or so. On both occasions I started the engine, no hesitation or indication that the battery was low. Seems like the radio 310 + DAB might be a bit sensitive to battery voltage.

Re: "Low battery" showing on radio display

Oh well - guess I won't fret :)

Resurrecting an old thread as I had this 'low battery' warning this morning on the screen of my Rcd330dab.

I had done a short journey yesterday and then moved the van ready for loading this morning, so I'm not surprised the voltage was lower than normal.

It started fine. Anyone had this and any sense if it's the sensitivity of the 310dab or a more serious warning that the 7 year old battery is on its way out?