Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking to buy. Needing advice.

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello everyone. Me and my partner are looking to buy Either a California or Grand California in the nearish future..I know about delivery delays..There’s just the 2 of us but occasionally may take Grandchildren..Luckily for us price is not imperative..Mainly travel in Europe as we have done on our Bike for past 15 years. Any suggestions please.

Hello everyone. Me and my partner are looking to buy Either a California or Grand California in the nearish future..I know about delivery delays..There’s just the 2 of us but occasionally may take Grandchildren..Luckily for us price is not imperative..Mainly travel in Europe as we have done on our Bike for past 15 years. Any suggestions please.
California is more usable day to day as its a similar size to a car, and I think it gives a larger bed in for the grand kids. (Will wait for others to comment as I might be wrong!)

Grand Cali is larger but has a toilet, shower, wash basin etc so offers more comfort & storage space. Also layout means that you don’t need to shuffle things around to cook / sleep. It’s also worth looking at Hymer Camping Cars for a comparision.

I'm no expert, but I'd think if you are deciding between a VW California and a VW Grand California, you're basically making a choice between the following things, that only you yourself can decide on.

Small vs big (parking, parking garages, space on your driveway/street, hight bariers)
Daily driver vs camper
No shower and toilet vs shower and toilet

Sure there are a gazillion other (smaller) differences, but I think you would need to decide first if any of the above mentioned major differences matter to you enough to choose one over the other.

Then when you have made that choice and decide not to go for the 'Normal California' you can compare the VW GC 600 to the VW GC 680 and any other bigger campers.

If you intend to use a weekly or daily vehicle with occasional camping then a standard California.
if you intend to camp in it regularly or for long trips around Europe for mainly the 2 of you, then i would recommend the GC with the additional benefits of toilet/ shower / and made up bed.

I’m afraid your question is a bit bonkers to me, unless you’ve just fallen in love with the California brand, they are such different things. My advice would be to study more, decide which scale of vehicle you need. If it’s car sized, buy a Cali. If it’s Grand sized, check out all the competition as well.

I’m afraid your question is a bit bonkers to me, unless you’ve just fallen in love with the California brand, they are such different things. My advice would be to study more, decide which scale of vehicle you need. If it’s car sized, buy a Cali. If it’s Grand sized, check out all the competition as well.
I don’t think it was a question, it was seeking a request for advice. But, I think where you (myself and probably others) are struggling is that we need some specific questions to answer, or advise. I think it would help to have more info on what the van would be used for, the kind of holiday (beach in the summer for 2 people maybe different from winter skiing trip for 4...) etc.