Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for our perfect Beach

M

MrsDarcy

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi

We are in Kent and looking for our perfect Cali beach. Ideally we have a budget of 36k but can go up for the right van. We wouldn't mind a second perhaps 2-4 years old as long as the mileage is reasonable and ideally we would like the 2 seater bench.

Ive been looking at the campers for sale section but nothing matching our requirements as yet. Ideally we would get a new one fitted to our spec but need to be realistic. Is it possible to get new for 40k max?!

Any pointers on second calis NOT conversions? Dealers in Kent/Sussex/Surrey?

MrsD x

Hi

We are in Kent and looking for our perfect Cali beach. Ideally we have a budget of 36k but can go up for the right van. We wouldn't mind a second perhaps 2-4 years old as long as the mileage is reasonable and ideally we would like the 2 seater bench.

Ive been looking at the campers for sale section but nothing matching our requirements as yet. Ideally we would get a new one fitted to our spec but need to be realistic. Is it possible to get new for 40k max?!

MrsD x
With dealer incentives (I believe a £2k deposit contribution) maybe you could stretch to a new one ...

If buying second hand, there is a check list of things to watch out for in the downloads section. You need to upgrade to VIP membership to access it though.

Good luck in your search! Have fun and :welcome

Thanks, we will possible be park exchanging our car too (6kish) lwhich may get it down somewhat! I would just love to be able to find the perfect private seller

Hi

MrsD x

I think you should be able to get a Beach for 40k (inc the 2k PCP) however, it would be standard spec and virtually impossible to resist extra cost options!

I think you should be able to get a Beach for 40k (inc the 2k PCP) however, it would be standard spec and virtually impossible to resist extra cost options!

Just roughly worked it out and 8% discount would be nearer 41k.

buy mine. no way will you get a new beach for 40k. no way

Talk to Laine Watts at SMG Tonbridge. He is a very knowledgable salesman. He did us a very good deal on our previous two Calis. With incentives and a reasonable discount I suspect you would end up at around your top figure of £40k for a new standard stock Beach.

I think I’d be using a combination of discount and Q3 incentives to order a new one. It may be stretching the budget a little but you’ll have very little additional costs for the next few years. With a used van, you’ll probably be out of warranty fairly soon, bigger services, cam belt etc at 4 years old, tyres, brakes etc. Of course, it also means you can have your chosen spec.

Thanks, we will possible be park exchanging our car too (6kish) lwhich may get it down somewhat! I would just love to be able to find the perfect private seller

I bought a demo beach and got a very good price, VW even traded in my old car and gave me a reasonable-ish price for it.

Hi

MrsD x

As others have said, you won’t get new for £40K. If you did, it’d be the most basic model out there and the price would plummet upon collection.

Best thing to do if you’re looking around £40K is buy a ‘66-‘67 plate with a bit of mileage and the balance of the warranty, with a good spec. You’ll have to look privately at this price though, I’m afraid - and they’re particularly popular at the moment.

Back