Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for inspiration.

s2bear

s2bear

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
We have a Beach, 2 children (3&6 - their ages and our budget ) nothing booked. Don’t know whether to head for our tried and tested Camping le St Nicolas in Port-Manech (lovely part of the world but weather looking changeable) .... OR has anyone tried this place?

http://www.campdudomaine.com/

Looks nice, warm and has availability. Am tempted to head down south stopping somewhere near Beaune en route.

Did Il de Ré last year, was nice but crowded and weather not guaranteed either.

Any ideas welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had four nights near Beaune in 2017 Nice area.
Stayed at this campsite

I haven't been to the area of the South coast you have highlighted.

When you going?

I'm in a similar boat. Got a crossing booked on Wednesday but I'm not sure where were going just yet. Looking for some sun.. thinking of heading to the Dordogne area at the moment.

When you going?

I'm in a similar boat. Got a crossing booked on Wednesday but I'm not sure where were going just yet. Looking for some sun.. thinking of heading to the Dordogne area at the moment.

We are probably going on Tue. Night or Weds also. I’ve read the reviews for the camp du domaine on ACSI and it only scores 7.3 amazing location combined with awful toilets seems to be a common theme reading between the lines (google translate from German to English). Shame as some of the plots are right on the beach and look stunning.

I stayed at a Chateau in Issigeac in the Dordogne with Friends once. Very pleasant sleepy town not far from the famous Chateau Monbazillac https://chateau-monbazillac.com/en/ it was scorching but I’ve no idea about campsites there though, sorry.

Il de Ré (northwest of the Dordogne) is looking mid 20s but they’re expecting some rain. I love http://www.cote-o.fr/port-manech/en/the-campsite/ but that’s looking a bit cool for my liking.

Undecided of Teddington

We have just come back from the Black Forest, lovely area. Weather looks crap for the next couple of days but after that high pressure looks to be getting established over Europe and it looks much better. We stayed at Campingpark Oase just north of Freiburg and it was great. There is loads to do in the area, amongst other things we had a great day out at Steinwasen Park with our kids.

Had four nights near Beaune in 2017 Nice area.
Stayed at this campsite

I haven't been to the area of the South coast you have highlighted.

Thanks, I’ve stopped in Beaune a few times but not camping. Will check that one out. Mrs S2bear just found this which looks nice for the mancubs camping-meursault.com

We have just come back from the Black Forest, lovely area. Weather looks crap for the next couple of days but after that high pressure looks to be getting established over Europe and it looks much better. We stayed at Campingpark Oase just north of Freiburg and it was great. There is loads to do in the area, amongst other things we had a great day out at Steinwasen Park with our kids.

Ooh ok - searching now. Thank you.

We went for 5 days at the end of our 4 week road trip, but we could easily have stayed longer. Freiburg is lovely so is Strasbourg (in France but just over the Rhine), there are loads of outdoor swimming pools with excellent facilities for kids, this was one of our favourites
Terrassenbad
Bergstraße 124, 77933 Lahr/Schwarzwald, Germany
+49 7821 39977

It had an amazing kids pool with water slides and was only a few euros each to get in all day.

Add to that Beer and pretzels and what’s not too like.

Don’t forget Peppered Bavarian Salami with the above.
Im taking my stash in case I don’t get that far!

This site near Baune is on my google maps saved list of recommended sites. Someone somewhere recommended it once:

Camping La Grappe d'Or
2 Route de Volnay, 21190 Meursault, France
+33 3 80 21 22 48

And this one:

Camping Huttopia La Plage Blanche
3 Rue de la Plage, 39380 Ounans, France
+33 3 84 37 69 63

Last edited:
Thanks. Great minds - that’s the Mersault one I posted above that Mrs S2bear likes.

We were in the Black Forest this year at the fantastically named Titisee - it’s terraced Plots overlooking the lake - choose your own, we had 189 which we’d have again, close but not too close to everything and a great view of the lake.

FF10A2B7-8BCD-4E50-BDC3-6B5C36AD177A.jpeg

Terrassencamping Sandbank
Seerundweg 9, 79822 Titisee-Neustadt, Germany
+49 7651 9724848

Some of the old reviews say that the toilets weren’t great. Looks like they went to Caesar’s Palace for the new ones - absolutely mega.

FF10A2B7-8BCD-4E50-BDC3-6B5C36AD177A.jpegWe came to Titisee from Freiberg - we stayed at the equally great

Busses Camping am Möslepark in Freiburg
Waldseestraße 77, 79117 Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
+49 761 7679333

On the way down we did one stop at

Lac d'Orient
10140 Mesnil-Saint-Père, France

We were only there one night but would have liked to have stayed longer..

Recommend all three in that area