Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

look what I've bought!

Ijkelly

Ijkelly

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi everyone I managed to find some secondhand VW wheels, they are white alloys I don't know what they are called but I kind of like them being retro looking i not sure if you can buy the originals any longer, i think they do a copy on the internet on a German site. I can't wait to fit them on my new California ocean in the spring or summer. I found them on eBay the original colour was VW ibis white i had them acid dipped, refurbished and powder coated in candy white. I also bought the centre chrome discs from VW which were quite expensive but I think they finish the wheels off really nice, you can also just put small centre vw discs and black plastic caps on the wheel bolts if you prefer that look. The final purchase was the tyres I went for Bridgestone Turanza T005 255/45R18 103H XL.
so the outcome was, wheels cost £400, refurbish work cost £200 and tyres £630 Total comes to £1230 I think to purchase new wheels with tyres are in the region of £3800 so quite a good saving although £1230 is still a lot of money, ill leave some photos of them and post some once fitted in the spring.

IMG_7682.jpgIMG_7681.jpgIMG_7684.jpgIMG_7680.jpgIMG_7683.jpg

IMG_7687.jpg

What a bargain! Those wheels are very sort after. I wonder why they appeared on Ebay without their chrome Centre caps?

Yes they have some repro wheels on EBay at the moment. £895.
If you have the VW logo inside you know they are genuine.

Very nice; these rims came with the Beetle and are indeed no longer available.
Some info:
Name: volkswagen 18inch Disk Wheel
Parts number: 5C0601025H
8.0Jx18H2 ET48
I suspect they are the same for mounting under a california?
Nice buy :thumb

edit: I mean these rims came with the Beetle among the transporter (same or not?). Not just with the Beetle

Last edited:
Very nice; these rims came with the Beetle and are indeed no longer available.
Some info:
Name: volkswagen 18inch Disk Wheel
Parts number: 5C0601025H
8.0Jx18H2 ET48
I suspect they are the same for mounting under a california.
Nice buy :thumb
I hope they aren't off a VW Beetle as I am sure the Load Index would be different for a 3 ton California.

I hope they aren't off a VW Beetle as I am sure the Load Index would be different for a 3 ton California.
If so, that is what I also think about; it can't hurt to check it out. I didn't want to write it out like that in my first reaction because I don't really know if there are two versions of those rims: Beetle and transporter.

Post a photo when they are mounted.

Hi everyone I managed to find some secondhand VW wheels, they are white alloys I don't know what they are called but I kind of like them being retro looking i not sure if you can buy the originals any longer, i think they do a copy on the internet on a German site. I can't wait to fit them on my new California ocean in the spring or summer. I found them on eBay the original colour was VW ibis white i had them acid dipped, refurbished and powder coated in candy white. I also bought the centre chrome discs from VW which were quite expensive but I think they finish the wheels off really nice, you can also just put small centre vw discs and black plastic caps on the wheel bolts if you prefer that look. The final purchase was the tyres I went for Bridgestone Turanza T005 255/45R18 103H XL.
so the outcome was, wheels cost £400, refurbish work cost £200 and tyres £630 Total comes to £1230 I think to purchase new wheels with tyres are in the region of £3800 so quite a good saving although £1230 is still a lot of money, ill leave some photos of them and post some once fitted in the spring.

View attachment 103884View attachment 103883View attachment 103886View attachment 103882View attachment 103885

View attachment 103887
Love these. Seen them on a few Calis and they really make it stand out from the crowd. They especially compliment a two tone, in my opinion.

I bought some Tolucas a few months back which I’m looking to fit in the spring, can’t wait.

If so, that is what I also think about; it can't hurt to check it out. I didn't want to write it out like that in my first reaction because I don't really know if there are two versions of those rims: Beetle and transporter.
there will be a load rating on the back of them. Best to check.

hi folks i thought id just update on my wheels here are the internal pics of the rims, as i said they are off a transporter i believe a caravelle, the part number does cross reference to the transporter and they are original VW.
IMG_8200.jpgIMG_8204.jpgIMG_8205.jpgIMG_8206.jpgIMG_8207.jpgIMG_8208.jpgIMG_8209.jpgIMG_8210.jpgIMG_8211.jpg

IMG_8212.jpg

I bought the wheels off this site 9 months before I took delivery, they will become my summer wheels, I love them just a tad concerned as to how I'm going to keep them clean. I sense a 10 minute dust down at the end of every journey.
wheels.jpg

Theres a set for sale on ebay at the moment for about £895 that mentions California in the description, they will not fit, having checked the marking & the hole spacings of the ebay ones they are off a beetle.

Theres a set for sale on ebay at the moment for about £895 that mentions California in the description, they will not fit, having checked the marking & the hole spacings of the ebay ones they are off a beetle.
Indeed; people who want to buy such rims: always good to check with these rims because they were usually on beetles and less on transporter variants.

I bought the wheels off this site 9 months before I took delivery, they will become my summer wheels, I love them just a tad concerned as to how I'm going to keep them clean. I sense a 10 minute dust down at the end of every journey.
View attachment 103944
I tend to agree with you, but I still like the look of them. It’s worth the effort to clean them. We’ll see after the first season, but if it makes a smile it’s worth doing

Different PCD so instant not fitting issue, Would fit T4.