Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

London Ulez irony

OGII

OGII

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
So the low emission zone has started in London.

I never drive in zone 1, no need there's a perfectly good tube line if I need to go in from where we are right on the edge of the capital.

But should I go crazy and drive in sometime it's reassuring to know my 2 ton 150 bhp manual T6 Cali is exempt from the additional £12 or so charge.

Sadly our little 1.6 diesel DSG mk7 Golf from 2014 isn't.

One attracts £20 pa VED and averages close to 60 mpg, even in traffic when driven sensibly in eco mode.

The other attracts an annual VED of over £500 as its still less than 5 years old. I dread to think what the round town mpg would be, even with the stop start tech. Still, it's ULEZ exempt so it's the one I'd use. Better visibility to see all those Prius taxis coming at you as well :)

When will they just put the taxes on the fuel we use?

Get you all ways, tax when you purchase (VAT & registration), tax to put on the road, (VED & tax on your insurance premium), tax on fuel then VAT on any parts or repairs. Indirect tax on stopping/parking.

Those Prius’s aren't taxis there Private Hire and the bane of the city

The bane of the city and most of the useless gas is from sadiq khant. As for tax. It solves nothing. Have a problem..... Tax it. Problem remains. Like air passenger duty isn't it. Pay more to combat emissions or whatever crap they spout.... So you pay more... But then what? You still fly and you still generate the co2. So What do they do with the money?

The levy isn’t high enough. It needs to be far more expensive to make an effect.
To many people commuting short journeys using cars. Anything less than 5 miles should be via public transport, cycle or walking.

I would welcome it, in my town.

The bane of the city and most of the useless gas is from sadiq khant. As for tax. It solves nothing. Have a problem..... Tax it. Problem remains. Like air passenger duty isn't it. Pay more to combat emissions or whatever crap they spout.... So you pay more... But then what? You still fly and you still generate the co2. So What do they do with the money?
Spend it on endless enquiries into how to solve problems, saves having to actually make a positive decision.

Back