Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

London marathon!!

HowieDog

HowieDog

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi,

The company I work for funded some charity places for the London Marathon and opened a ballot. I put may name down, full well expecting it to come to nothing.

It was with mixed emotions that I received an email in December .... celebrating my successful entry!!

Anyhow, I don't really do running, so the last four months has been something of a journey, and the Sunday long run something not to be looked forward to.

I'm raising funds for a foundation set up to remember my niece, who was killed in a hit and run almost five years ago. The foundation helps young people ro realise their ambitions by providing small grants to support them into work, with travel, equipment, laptops etc.

Thought I'd post on here in case anyone was interested!!

https://www.justgiving.com/fundrais...are&utm_term=b65f2e5d93624fc89e1412859023c618

IMG_4774.JPG

Firstly, enjoy it. It will be one of the best days of your life, especially when you turn off Birdcage walk to turn on to there Mall,

Secondly, great fundraising.Well worth it.

Have a great run, I hope it all goes well for you, weather looks good for it.

I have done plenty of half marathons and never once have I relished the thought of knocking off a second lap. Kudos to you.

Have a great run, I hope it all goes well for you, weather looks good for it.

I have done plenty of half marathons and never once have I relished the thought of knocking off a second lap. Kudos to you.
Thanks, did the Brighton half in Feb and enjoyed it, although as you say, the last thing I would have wanted to do at the time was to go around twice!

I did London last year; it is tough! Drink plenty (I missed several drink stations by not paying attention!) and don’t be tempted to set off at speed. A black bin liner is good for the start area to keep warm/dry (rip holes for arms and head) after you’ve dumped your kit. GPS is hopeless for whatever reason so if you’re aiming for a time work out 5k splits and just time it off the markers on the course.

Enjoy it - it’s special! The support is incredible. Expect pain descending steps into tube stations to get back to your digs that evening ;-)

Have fun ha
Will be looking out for you on the telly.

Thanks all and for those who have kindly donated, what a nice bunch of people on here.

En route to Blackheath for the start, lots of excited/nervous people with running gear on.

There was someone running as a VW camper. I saw them going the other way when I was about half way. Fair play to anyone running in a costume, it’s hard enough without.

Well done and well done on the fund raising, you did really well.