Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Locked thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that one of the participants in the thread was annoyed by the mounting evidence that not only did some protestors in Bristol behave in an appalling way but so did some of the police. The link to video evidence of the bludgeoning of an apparently peaceful female protestor by the police must have been the final straw.

A complaint was made by the person who couldn't handle the tread about unrelated criminal activity and the thread was locked.
The individuals who posted the various comments on that thread will know why they did so, and I suspect the rest of us can draw our own conclusions about that, or just don't care really.

An explanation of how / why the post was locked (late at night without time to fully investigate the underlying posts) was answered in the the 3 cocks..
As @GrannyJen posted earlier. If anyone is unhappy about the decisions being made by moderators then please contact the owners directly. @calikev and @Martin .

Anyway, moving on...

Yes. Let's move it on.

Most times this forum works because behind the scenes people are giving up a lot of time to make it run smoothly.

Sometimes there is a hiccup. Big deal.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
An explanation of how / why the post was locked (late at night without time to fully investigate the underlying posts) was answered in the the 3 cocks..
As @GrannyJen posted earlier. If anyone is unhappy about the decisions being made by moderators then please contact the owners directly. @calikev and @Martin .
surprised there has been no response Alison.

surprised there has been no response Alison.
All (most) users of this forum appreciate the work done by present (and former) moderators. Thank you without you this wouldn’t work. You don’t always get it right but which of us can say that we do?

There I was thinking as I was one of the original members......lol

You were here years before me. You answered my second ever post, something to do with should the seat rails squeak, rattle and shudder as you slide it forward.You suggested I redistribute my weight as I moved the bench seat.

At the time I thought you were suggesting that I was somewhat overweight and my "seat" was too large but then I realised that your advice was spot on, the answer to a seamless bench seat move is to sit centrally and to the rear.

I still think you called me an overweight old biddy :shocked

You were here years before me. You answered my second ever post, something to do with should the seat rails squeak, rattle and shudder as you slide it forward.You suggested I redistribute my weight as I moved the bench seat.

At the time I thought you were suggesting that I was somewhat overweight and my "seat" was too large but then I realised that your advice was spot on, the answer to a seamless bench seat move is to sit centrally and to the rear.

I still think you called me an overweight old biddy :shocked

Never, my 92 year old mother would be, well shocked. She did not bring me up that way.

10 years ago, now I was several months into my 15 months, 23 country mega trip. Cali outside in Abergavenny and needs a little attention. Still, family members deserve that.

Never, my 92 year old mother would be, well shocked. She did not bring me up that way.

10 years ago, now I was several months into my 15 months, 23 country mega trip. Cali outside in Abergavenny and needs a little attention. Still, family members deserve that.

Yes, remember the stories. My first trip out of the UK in Albert, and I was going to the Somme, feeling dreadfully adventurous and you, others, had lived forever in your cali's. I was in awe, still am to be honest. . 2013 and a Cali virgin realising just what I could actually do, inspiring.

I wasn’t questioning the decision to lock the thread, or even why it was locked. I wanted to know if it would be permanently locked and if it was permanently locked if the status of The Three Cocks had changed from unmoderated to moderated.

I think my questions have been answered as ‘yes’ to both.

I’m certainly not unhappy - just curious, and thankful to the moderators for their work.

Yes, remember the stories. My first trip out of the UK in Albert, and I was going to the Somme, feeling dreadfully adventurous and you, others, had lived forever in your cali's. I was in awe, still am to be honest. . 2013 and a Cali virgin realising just what I could actually do, inspiring.

Part of my trip I took in WW1 & WW2 ‘events’

Somme, endless walking round Verdun, trying to humbly take in the enormity of what took place. It’s all so horrendous.

Hitlers bunker in Poland, parked in Berlin by the Reichstag for a couple of nights, with skateboarders zipping by at night. Breakfast of porridge & coffee on the grass in front of it.

Rheims racing circuit, still largely intact and what took place there in WW2.

The Ardennes.

Signing off now from this thread, thank you everyone for all the support and please, sometimes moderating decisions go against the grain but just bear in mind the huge amount of work done to ensure this forum works and stays working and give a bit of support to the mods.

There seem to be a lot of people having the idea that a certain moderator was beeing put aside .

Seems that person asked this specific to the admins to step back even delete profile was a question by that moderator.

Followed by making a new account ONLY and simply to act like nothing happend.
That new account is still beeing used next to old account from that same person . last time i checked logged in on 11/3 to read anonimus i guess , which is everyone’s right .
Then stepping back to the older account which clearly never was deleted as the admins don‘t delete accounts .
To me that does not give confidence of beeing honest to everyone else or themselve , it’s more or less playing games , hide behind a fake account and trying to arousing compassion with outsiders who are unaware of the facts.

Also not all that good that some people keep digging up these old threads by posting things and then when others start re-posting deleting theire post.

Just the other day a thread form 2015 pops up out of the blue with a reply that makes no sense , probally just to draw attention to a certrain person ?

I think everyone need to think twice before they post on a public forum or social media , i did before posting this anyway.

I have noticed quite a lot lately that the "Suggested list of threads" will prompt someone to make a new post on an old topic, and then they will be dinged for posting on an old thread.
The weekly list is the most popular topics in each thread in the last week so won’t pick up old threads.
Are your referring to the ‘Similar threads’ that appears at the bottom of the screen? I’m not sure of the algorithm but they are meant to be topics with the same themes.

Are your referring to the ‘Similar threads’ that appears at the bottom of the screen? I’m not sure of the algorithm but they are meant to be topics with the same themes.
Yes. The subject of this thread, "Locked thread," prompted me to read the 2015 thread referred to above even before anyone posted a current response. Just the latest example of an old thread being prompted by forum software, and then current posters being criticized for posting on the prompted thread.

edit : there has been sevral posts deleted from this thread , this is a reply to one of the deleted posts .

I have had a moderator of this forum accuse me of being dishonest and attacking my integrity. I want my reply to be heard by the widest audience possible.

it’s not a accusation , it’s a fact that you used a 2nd account (@OnlyJen ) to act like you where a new member after asking to delete the GJ account. Where is the integrity in that ?

I have been stalked by a moderator who admits to "doing the homework", In other words stalking me around the forum examining every single conversation and interaction.

Stalking ? Did i send any PM’s Mails or other messages ? I just posted a comment in #61 that everyone can see , so what‘s there to stalk?

I doubt many would know what being serially stalked is like, for someone such as myself who is still traumatised from events in 2011 this is the most disgusting, revolting and intimidating statement I have ever heard from any participant in any forum anywhere. This is a staff member, someone supported by this forum who admits to "doing the homework". In other words following me around this forum to pick up on every nuance and find "sinister connotations" in everything I write.

if you been traumatised in the past , i think we all feel sorry but that has nothing to do with me...does it ? Have you consulted a docter or other help for this ? I think you should if you did not .

I have tried, desperately, to hold back from responding, to the most vile trolling that has gone on for months totally allowed by this forum administration. I can hold back no longer. Tomorrow sadly I will post my account. Meanwhile, out of respect to my issues in 2011 please desist from trolling me with such rubbish as posted on a public forum of "I have done my homework", in other words followed me around picking on every single post to find a nuance that simply does not exist. This is disgusting, immoral and filthy.

Imo you are not good in holding back from responding , you seem to delete your post s after re-thinking them , diffrent thing that is . That’s why i stated in #61 everyone should think before posting , so no deleting by yourself whitin minutes is needed.
A moderator can see deleted posts remember , that’s called moderating and not stalking .

If you want to give up your account (which you asked allready before and everyone of us including me where against ) that’s your call , nobody forced you to do so.

Even the adminds have no clue why you suddenly seem to turned against the team of mods&admins.

saying above about doing my homework is referring to someone saying that older threads are showing as heads up when starting a thread . After i said that there was a thread ressurection from 2015 drawing attention to something i replyed that i did my homework , as a moderator i think it‘s ok to ask myself why someone suddenly replyed to a 2015 sleeping thread with the rather strange words “nothing changes”
it was you who posted that in the 2015 thread , it has been talked about afterwarts with the team of admins wondering what that post was supposed to mean. We still don‘t know .

if you or anyone else think this is trolling that’s your view , you have been trying in sevral posts to make it seem to others that the team of admins&mods dumped you when this is not the case , so then ...what should we call that ....?

This thread has had substantial moderation following accusations by one member towards another member that have been found to be without foundation.

I have also deleted other comments relating to remarks I made regarding an admin decision a couple of months ago that had been misinterpreted due to miscommunication.

As the original questions posed by this thread have been answered and resolved I am now closing it to further discussion.

The "locked thread" thread is now locked :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back