Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

load through hatch storage

I've literally yesterday finished mine that I made out of plywood 8mm. 60cm long x 17cm wide and 22cm height. Fits snug and being rigid it works like a drawer, opened at the top. Whilst driving it is secured with a bit of paracord looped snugly around one of the metal nipple on the side of the under bench drawer.

Thanks for the suggestion, I was only re-thinking this today!
No worries! I put a bit of thin perspex / wood in the bottom just to keep the bottom rigid and square, but surprised how well it fits in the space

I slide it in and the cover still fits on the front.
I was considering making one and taking the back section of the cover off so it was just the front flat section and fixing that to the front as a drawer but this bag fits well and still hidden with the cover over the front.

Last edited:
I keep my levelling ramps there. Where do you keep yours, if you carry them?
I keep mine in the boot in the parcel shelf as we don't tend to use the lower bed.

Last edited:
I keep mine in the boot in the parcel chelf as we don't tend to use the lower bed.
That is a good option. I would like to do that too, but quite often we have had to lower the roof because of strong winds/storms and getting down for a pee a couple of times a night is pretty grim.

Not my video but I follow this amazing couple on YouTube, I am thinking of fitting this to my cali

I keep my levelling ramps there. Where do you keep yours, if you carry them?
Between the front seats permanently (they are in a canvas bag so don’t slip), absolutely fine to stand on if moving from front to back and then if we carry our small fridge it fits perfectly on top of them.

Between the front seats permanently (they are in a canvas bag so don’t slip), absolutely fine to stand on if moving from front to back and then if we carry our small fridge it fits perfectly on top of them.
I might try that.

Back