Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

load through hatch storage

Agnes

Agnes

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Having discovered this extra space this summer by taking off the front cover, I was wondering if anyone has any neat solution storage boxes or bag of the correct dimensions that they could recommend? I know some folks fit an extra drawer, but i dont want to do this at the moment. Just trying to find something to give maximum pull out storage, though wouldnt want anything that interferes with getting in the left hand unit cupboard. Thanks

Having discovered this extra space this summer by taking off the front cover, I was wondering if anyone has any neat solution storage boxes or bag of the correct dimensions that they could recommend? I know some folks fit an extra drawer, but i dont want to do this at the moment. Just trying to find something to give maximum pull out storage, though wouldnt want anything that interferes with getting in the left hand unit cupboard. Thanks
Levelling chocks, but if you don’t use them then this Storage Bag would fit and easily pulled out with strap.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004N71VZO/?tag=eliteelect-21

I have one of these. Very overpriced for what it is but it does well at maximising use of the space without interfering with table and you can buy the overpriced bin for behind the passenger seat at the same time.

Never understood why people want to have leveling ramps within hands reach when sitting in the rear seat.
just trow them in the booth under the shelf , you will not need acces to levelling ramps a lot .
we have a bag fitting the space that holds dryfood and drinks .

Levelling chocks, but if you don’t use them then this Storage Bag would fit and easily pulled out with strap.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004N71VZO/?tag=eliteelect-21
Thanks, but I keep my chocks in that bag in my back storage where I have fab storage crates on a sliding tray. I figure that chocks are only for use when I am out of my van, whereas this space could store stuff I need inside. I dont want to fit the drawer, just some box or something that would be the right dimensions to slot in and out of there - for bits and pieces.

Thanks, but I keep my chocks in that bag in my back storage where I have fab storage crates on a sliding tray. I figure that chocks are only for use when I am out of my van, whereas this space could store stuff I need inside. I dont want to fit the drawer, just some box or something that would be the right dimensions to slot in and out of there - for bits and pieces.
Don’t zip the bag up then. It was only an example. Having a strap to pull it out would be useful.

Never understood why people want to have leveling ramps within hands reach when sitting in the rear seat.
just trow them in the booth under the shelf , you will not need acces to levelling ramps a lot .
If you are carrying bikes on the tailgate rack for example. The thing is the Fiamma ramps fit perfectly in there, so the space is well used.

Some Dutch Cali owners place a box there. Similair to the one in the photo below. Its a cheap but strong plastic box that is normally used for plants. Fits, stays in place and you can slide it in and out easily.

8711904247287.jpg

Levelers. Same reason as Calimili: with bikes on the tailgate the chocs are easier to reach for inside the Cali. We do not allways take off our bikes. Lifting the tailgate with two bikes takes two persons: one for holding the tailgate, the other for grabbing the levelers out of the luggage room.
Most chocs fit perfectly in the hatch, even with a mud bag.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Some Dutch Cali owners place a box there. Similair to the one in the photo below. Its a cheap but strong plastic box that is normally used for plants. Fits, stays in place and you can slide it in and out easily.

8711904247287.jpg
I like this idea. I made a storage box by cutting down a wine bottle box, which looked, well, a little bit homemade. Alot cheaper than the VW option, and probably would hold more.

In a long list of tips/tricks for the van I have accumulated through the years, by reading many forums and websites, I found this photo. Not sure who's photo it is. So credits go to the unknown owner, but they illustrate how you could use the space.
box.jpg

If you are carrying bikes on the tailgate rack for example. The thing is the Fiamma ramps fit perfectly in there, so the space is well used.
totally agree! and while i dont use the chocks often, they are actually the first thing you need when arriving on a pitch.

Bag that Body Care/Polish kit came in with previous cars fits in nicely with spare bulb kit, spare engine oil can plus other bits & pieces. No cost. Could possibly fit 2 in there.

In a long list of tips/tricks for the van I have accumulated through the years, by reading many forums and websites, I found this photo. Not sure who's photo it is. So credits go to the unknown owner, but they illustrate how you could use the space.
View attachment 70692
Thanks. Just the job. I dont have bikes so opening tailgate not an issue (though closing it when Seats are not in it gives me grief lol!). I'll seek one of those plastic boxes but in the meantime will go for the wine box suggestion. Lots of those hanging around this house in Tier3!

They take up valuable space and next to/under the seat they are out of the way.

Does anybody know if the load through hatch is the same width in the 2 seater beach as it is in the ocean or coast? I am interested in buying a shoe drawer for the space from here however it doesn’t say it can fit in the beach:

I currently have a small thin plastic planter (much smaller than what has been mentioned above) in there for my tea/coffee making facilities but I feel I need to keep putting the trim back in place to stop it from sliding forward whilst driving, does anybody have any clever ways to make a barrier to stop this from happening?

Does anybody know if the load through hatch is the same width in the 2 seater beach as it is in the ocean or coast? I am interested in buying a shoe drawer for the space from here however it doesn’t say it can fit in the beach:

I currently have a small thin plastic planter (much smaller than what has been mentioned above) in there for my tea/coffee making facilities but I feel I need to keep putting the trim back in place to stop it from sliding forward whilst driving, does anybody have any clever ways to make a barrier to stop this from happening?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B087P2XY6V/?tag=eliteelect-21

How do you remove the plastic cover next to draw to use the space please

As above but I open the main drawer too so as to get hold of the left side of the cover and lift up and forward.

Back