Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Limit stops on rear bench seat

G

gatvol

Hi. I am on about the thing that stops you sliding the rear seat too far forward. It also means that it stops in the right position when you make the downstairs bed

In my van there is just one. It is bolted onto the track on the left hand side. Is this normal please or should there be 2?

Thanks

I think there is only one at the front and one at the back (from memory on the rail nearest the kitchen).

I have removed both of mine to allow the bench to go fully forward and fully backward.

I have not noticed it being any harder to make the bed :)

That is the sort of maverick bed mover that I am!!!!

T

mine extends just a couple of inches further leaving an uncomfortable gap between lowered seat back and the bit that doesn't move, resolved by having to slide it back again...

if that makes sense.

If it doesn't, blame it on no sleep last night :D

GrannyJen said:
mine extends just a couple of inches further leaving an uncomfortable gap between lowered seat back and the bit that doesn't move, resolved by having to slide it back again...

if that makes sense.

If it doesn't, blame it on no sleep last night :D

That is normal behaviour when the stop is in place, you always have to push it back a bit to make a good seal :)

In fact that being the case I have no real idea why we need the stops - you either have to push it back a couple of inches or a few more inches....

I am totally astonished anyone even managed to make sense of my garbled contribution ....

Thanks for posting this advice. Really useful as today I fitted a 5th captain’s seat and needed to move the bench back further. Still room in the boot area for a days worth of kit.
Spot on - thanks again

Back