Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lights for europe

P

Philerie

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All,
We are off to France in our T6 Cali Ocean in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if there is a way of changing the headlight setting to drive in Europe or do we need to use the headlight stickers? Just wondered as the Cali seems to be set up for driving abroad with door on the drivers side etc.

If you look in the similar threads below this post you’ll find all the answers.

Hi All,
We are off to France in our T6 Cali Ocean in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if there is a way of changing the headlight setting to drive in Europe or do we need to use the headlight stickers? Just wondered as the Cali seems to be set up for driving abroad with door on the drivers side etc.
I ask a smilier question to our dealer when we bought our Coast in 2022 and he said they weren't needed because of the type of lights that are now on the vehicle! We've been away twice to Europe albeit with not a lot of nighttime driving and have not experienced anything untoward

I ask a smilier question to our dealer when we bought our Coast in 2022 and he said they weren't needed because of the type of lights that are now on the vehicle! We've been away twice to Europe albeit with not a lot of nighttime driving and have not experienced anything untoward
T6 & T6.1 are not the same

T6 has a “Travel mode” in the MFD setting to flatten the beam on LED head lights,
if H7s etc (incandescent bulb) beam deflectors required to prevent flare to oncoming drivers

T6.1 has sufficiently flat beam to warrant no action

T6 with LED lights has an option for RHD or LHD.
If twin H7 halogen lights then technically stickers or tape needed.
Stickers don't work due to the curve of the headlight 'glass'.
VW do a headlight protector which has the blanked off points marked and I believe come with a set of precut stickers.

I go to France usually about 5/6 times per year and only once tried to tape over the kerb kick up areas. Very difficult on the nearside even with lights on garage door as a guide. Never been picked up, as yet, but use the motor level control to set as low as practical plus they are set as far to the right as possible for UK use.

Note! these may be for H4 type lights only.

Last edited: