Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lets see your leather interiors

Richard Hurst

Richard Hurst

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi, I've decide to get my Cali Ocean re-trimmed in leather and imagine I will go with DK Schweizer based on the positive reviews of them on the forum here. Would love to see images of what you have had done to give me some inspiration as to colour schemes. Ideally I was thinking black leather with a lime green stitching, as I have a lime green theme running on the outside and inside of the van. Only issue is the door panels, carpet and seat base and arm rest base are a grey/cream type colour so I think the black may be too much of a contrast against this so maybe some kind of mid tone grey so it blends better or maybe a combination of the two colours in the seats to help blend it in. Lets see what you have done!

Last edited:
Nice, This is what I want, something that blends in with the top of the dash and doors but then a lighter colour to match the seat base and rest of door panels etc. I think I want to go with a Bentley double diamond stick in the centre pieces.
Then 2 colours looks the way to go and of course one of then needs to be close to the remaining trim to pull it all together. Good stuff @Digger

Trim Technik are a bit far from us, so are DK Schweizer, I'm sure there was a company in Bristol who has the patterns for our seats and do the same day fit but I can't remember who it was?

Trim Technik are a bit far from us, so are DK Schweizer, I'm sure there was a company in Bristol who has the patterns for our seats and do the same day fit but I can't remember who it was?
Transcal??

• Thanks
Reactions: Loz
Yes Transcal In Portbury. We’re in Cardiff and Trim Technik simply involved email correspondence over the design (they sent swatches) then a night at CMC Cheshire Oaks site before a 9am start at their unit. We got the bus into Liverpool whilst they did it ready for our return at 4.30pm, which gave us enough time to come home.

• Thanks
Reactions: Loz
Things to bear in mind are that some “leather” isn’t actually leather hide but reconstituted ground up leather trimmings, exactly like Mercedes Artico leather, which doesn’t smell of leather or wear very well. Also, light coloured leather looks nice but does get stained by dye from blue jeans: I’ve managed to keep ours clean with wet wipes.

Things to bear in mind are that some “leather” isn’t actually leather hide but reconstituted ground up leather trimmings, exactly like Mercedes Artico leather, which doesn’t smell of leather or wear very well. Also, light coloured leather looks nice but does get stained by dye from blue jeans: I’ve managed to keep ours clean with wet wipes.
[QUOTE="liaoyang, post: 346354, member:
Agree. Mine is full leather as that is what was specified but a friends MP is only leather on the actual bit you sit on- the rest is something else. I think most car manufacturers cut corners and costs. Trimtechnik do a lot of retrims on very expensive models.

DK Schweitzer in Colchester . Really pleased with them. Had it done when van was new circa 2 1/2 years ago. Give them an occasional clean and still look great.

DK Schweitzer didn't bother responding to me.

Nice and light coloured but must be a 'mare to keep clean: What do you clean them with?

Can someone post some photos of the door cards in leathers please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back