Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure battery drain T6.1 Beach.

N

Nymberg

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello!

We have now driven our beach about 3000km, most short trips in town. I am noticing that it can lose 2-3 bars on the leisure battery when standing still for a couple of days. Is this normal? We have not done any trips yet to check how long it will last with our cfx3 35 onboard.

//Martin

Hello!

We have now driven our beach about 3000km, most short trips in town. I am noticing that it can lose 2-3 bars on the leisure battery when standing still for a couple of days. Is this normal? We have not done any trips yet to check how long it will last with our cfx3 35 onboard.

//Martin
The visual indicator is just a calculation and not to be trusted. The actual voltage is more important.

38DE9079-9AB5-42CC-A8BD-5BC1FEDC3E04.jpeg

Has everything in you van been switched off? Sometimes just small things like dash cams and sat navs can cause a battery to drain.

All is off, nothing is on. Will have a look at the voltage.

Is it possible that the car can loose some charge due to cold weather(-6 at night) and no use over a weekend?

Is it possible that the car can loose some charge due to cold weather(-6 at night) and no use over a weekend?
Yes, but voltage not some graphic or % is more important.

Does the battery start off fully charged, as in a charge from the mains. Obviously lower temperatures are not good for the batteries but with something as new as yours it shouldn’t run down that quickly. You didn’t say if they continue to run completely flat after just a short time.

Never completely short at all(Max 3-4 bars down on the display), are checking voltage now and i actually think that i havent seen voltage lower than 12,5v so far(which is good!?). Never charged battery with charger etc only thrue generator.

It seems to always show -1A on the display with everything off. Anyone else with a Beach T6.1 that can check theirs?

Does the 6.1 Beach display the actual voltage? If not, I can recommend the Victron Smart Battery Sense, that’s what I have on the T6.
For the cfx3 35, you are probably going to get a day and a half from a full battery without hookup or running the engine.

I have a bus-boxx powerBOXX that is going in before our first trip. It has a voltmeter that shows actual voltage on the leisure battery. Interesting to see how much it differs.

Does the 6.1 Beach display the actual voltage? If not, I can recommend the Victron Smart Battery Sense, that’s what I have on the T6.
For the cfx3 35, you are probably going to get a day and a half from a full battery without hookup or running the engine.
yes it displays the voltage and A

yes it displays the voltage and A
Don’t forget the Control Panel will show a Power Drain, until the screen switches off/ goes into standby mode.
This would be normal.
To confirm any power drain you need to measure directly on the battery using a another meter.
The -1amp is most likely to be due to the Control Panel screen.

Back