Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

LED lights

lakelander

lakelander

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi
Can‘t find a thread in relation to upgrading my current LED (2) interior lights.
Mine are hardwired to a circuit board - see pics.
Replacement fittings are £50+ a pop and wanting to upgrade all.
Any advice welcome.
69EA8BAD-E447-4853-8012-379E3A5FF2B0.jpeg
E646D827-D31C-4116-B1C1-58C2FDC7097B.jpeg

How do you mean to upgrade the factory LED lights?

This might help.

This might help.
If we look at his data, it says T5 SE 180 (should mean: T5.1, with the factory LED lights).

I have a 2014 (built 10/13) T5.1, are the interior lights LED?

I have a 2014 180 4motion and yes all the interior cabin lights - just quite dim and would like to replace the bulbs, but apparently it’s not that simple.
have tried Aten and UltraLeds but they are unable to help.

They are led at the moment but only 2!

I have a 2014 (built 10/13) T5.1, are the interior lights LED?
Yes they are, but as you can see by the photo they are only 2 and the fitting isn’t just a couple of pins they are soldered to a circuit board!

I have a 2014 180 4motion and yes all the interior cabin lights - just quite dim and would like to replace the bulbs, but apparently it’s not that simple.
have tried Aten and UltraLeds but they are unable to help.
Ae you sure the lights are getting the correct voltage? I have the same vehicle and rarely have more than 2 + the central kitchen light on as they are so bright.

The funny thing is, on the first T5, there were bulbs.
On the T5.1 they changed the bulbs into LED's but not as LED bulbs, but the whole light is different.

So you would need some "old" T5 lights and put in some brighter LED bulbs, because, if you would put in higher wattage bulbs, the housing of the lights would melt because of the heat.

The funny thing is, on the first T5, there were bulbs.
On the T5.1 they changed the bulbs into LED's but not as LED bulbs, but the whole light is different.

So you would need some "old" T5 lights and put in some brighter LED bulbs, because, if you would put in higher wattage bulbs, the housing of the lights would melt because of the heat.
Exactly what I did

Hi
Can‘t find a thread in relation to upgrading my current LED (2) interior lights.
Mine are hardwired to a circuit board - see pics.
Replacement fittings are £50+ a pop and wanting to upgrade all.
Any advice welcome.
View attachment 51886
View attachment 51887
I have the exact same problem, where did you find replacement fittings albeit they are £50+. They really are dim in comparison with modern lights

I was watching another thread on upgrading to LED interior lights, bought the replacements, went to fit them this morning only to find they were already factory fitted LEDs

Wished I had seen this thread sooner, anyone need some bulbs?