Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

LED Interior Lights Modifications - T4

J

JBj

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I am looking to replace interior lights with LED and I am checking to see what is available. I can solder but I know for many bulbs there are direct LED replacements. Most of the posts I am finding are a few years old so may be out of date on what is available or the best option. I saw someone posted the Osram 3850cw-02b as an option for the pop-top light, is that still the best choice? What have people done for the kitchen and other interior lights recently?

I am looking to replace interior lights with LED and I am checking to see what is available. I can solder but I know for many bulbs there are direct LED replacements. Most of the posts I am finding are a few years old so may be out of date on what is available or the best option. I saw someone posted the Osram 3850cw-02b as an option for the pop-top light, is that still the best choice? What have people done for the kitchen and other interior lights recently?
Hi there. I've been waiting for some feedback on your question since I want to do the same thing, but nothing.
Have you got anywhere with this?

You can easily find information on how to change the electronics (implies soldering).
But there are straight away swaps available like this one (cheaper via Germany I guess):https://www.poptopshop.nl/a-2541913...ito-marco-polo-en-transit-nugget/#description

And there are indeed PL-s LED lamps you can apply. Not sure about the VSA electronics.

Last edited:
I modified mine with some LED strips.
The small square unit at the end is wired to the door switch/courtesy light.
Switch wired in the neg.
9DD1672D-655F-4E17-A60B-5FDE1256B1FD.jpegE3BE669A-6796-4D57-A8E8-EB56DDA21B97.jpeg

Also added a couple of these for reading etc.

A0BC21AE-DC09-4B3E-A0F7-0CEA57E1B2CE.jpeg

Just wondering if anyone else has found an LED bulb replacement solution for the Cali - this would help with off grid battery consumption (whilst I save for some solar panels)??

Just wondering if anyone else has found an LED bulb replacement solution for the Cali - this would help with off grid battery consumption (whilst I save for some solar panels)??
Which bulbs are you looking to replace with LEDs?

Hi @WelshGas the habitation ones (5 of them 3 over cooker/sink and two over sliding door)
Thanks
Greg
According to your Avatar information you have a T6. All those lights are LED already.

Back