Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Latest California manuals on VW web page, Jan 22!

R_Sargeant_CH

R_Sargeant_CH

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi again all,

As a Brit that can speak German and who has a degree in Googling, I found the following VW manuals web page that seems to offer all California manuals, in many languages.
English landing page.
If you want to see this site in a different language, click on the Globe top right.
Greetings from California in Switzerland!

Last edited:
Hi again all,

As a Brit that can speak German and who has a degree in Googling, I found the following VW web page that seems to offer all California manuals, in many languages.
English landing page.
If you want to see this site in a different language, click on the Globe top right.
Greetings from California in Switzerland!
Does not work for me

Thanks, very helpful, and I now don’t have to enter my VIN every time

Oh! It's just a web page. What kind of error do you see? Clicking here > English landing page should take you directly there. I can't remember if I had to enter my VIN, but if I did, it doesn't seem to matter which country your VIN relates to!
I tried several times in English, German and French. Without success. Pity. *:sorryScreenshot_20220116-183146.jpg

Last edited:
Same here for my 2009 Cali: "Es ist kein Inhalt verfügbar."
(No content available).

Think the service is only available for newer Calis. Don't know from which year. Others will have to test that.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

I would like to read the manuals, whilst awaiting my new Ocean due in September (though hoped for, against odds, by June). Would anyone with a recent new Ocean delivered like to post their Vin, as if I understand this correctly that would enable me to download the manuals: or have I misunderstood?

Interesting! Mu Cali is imported from Belgium, so I can see docs in Dutch and in French. However, there is a difference: in the French language I also get the discovery media documentation, in Dutch not. VW makes beautiful campers, but their aftersales service isn't very good..

I would like to read the manuals, whilst awaiting my new Ocean due in September (though hoped for, against odds, by June). Would anyone with a recent new Ocean delivered like to post their Vin, as if I understand this correctly that would enable me to download the manuals: or have I misunderstood?
Unfortunately for security reasons it is highly unlikely that anyone will post there unique VIN number on an open forum.

Unfortunately for security reasons it is highly unlikely that anyone will post there unique VIN number on an open forum.
Unless it has changed on the T6.1 the VIN number is on public display on ALL Californias, through the windscreen.

What undesirable things would knowing someone’s VIN enable that person to do?

What undesirable things would knowing someone’s VIN enable that person to do?
Fake a V5, go to a main dealer and have a new key made? (would still need to be programmed to the van though...

Personally, I don't worry about such things...

As I understand it, in some east european countries you can order a key with just a vin number. So when they have your VIN, they order te key online, wait a few days for the postal packet to arrive and then collect your car. For me enough reason to cover up the VIN in my cali.

As I understand it, in some east european countries you can order a key with just a vin number. So when they have your VIN, they order te key online, wait a few days for the postal packet to arrive and then collect your car. For me enough reason to cover up the VIN in my cali.
A new key will open the van but will not start it or stop the alarm, they would have to also plug into the ODB and program it in which takes time but is possible.

But that is another reason why I have a ghost fitted because even if they get far, they still can't start it.

Last edited:
Unless it has changed on the T6.1 the VIN number is on public display on ALL Californias, through the windscreen.
A little different to posting on an international website!

Simple to cover up to prevent viewing.

A little different to posting on an international website!

Simple to cover up to prevent viewing.
Not really. I doubt if you would have much luck using it outside of the country of registration. But each to his own.
Personally I don't subscribe to Paranoia, life is too short.

Not really. I doubt if you would have much luck using it outside of the country of registration. But each to his own.
Personally I don't subscribe to Paranoia, life is too short.
Maybe you would like to post your vin number here to help the op Then ?

Maybe you would like to post your vin number here to help the op Then ?
He wants aHandbook for a T6.1and I have a T5.1, but if it will help him reading a 7 yr old Handbook, he has but to ask.

Back