Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Knaus Tourer (Cali-Caravan)

John

John

VIP Member
Wim

I like the California Caravan it is the ultimate Cali accessory.

Cali_Caravan.jpg

visual_tourer_seite_01.jpg

http://www.knaustourer.com/

Original post Kevin

saw a blue Cali and matching trailer on the M6 heading for Scotland several weeks ago, looked impressive and expensive

Original post T5WOB

hi wim its martin and blanche here hope your doing ok .restoring a 72 cab brio at moment .

Nov 21, 2011, 8:52pm, garyandheather wrote: I got to get me one of those.

Don't my wife has seen it and now wants one to go glamping.

She has already sent them a email

Original post Martin

This could maybe our first group purchase, RRP on these is around £15,995

http://www.vw-bulli.de/typo3temp/pics/cf220ac256.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.vw-bulli.de/typo3temp/pics/84ead63be3.jpg

Original post mickyblue

like it, but for the UK the habitation door is the wrong side which can mean pitching up 'nose in' on some UK sites, depending on the wardens/owners. If your prime usage is on the continent then it's fine

It is bound to be expensive as most Hymer group vans are, & (I will stand corrected but) I don't think anyone brings Knaus caravans into the UK, so you would have to import it yourself.

Southdowns Motorhomes I believe are the only Knaus motorhome dealer in the UK for next year, but most UK dealers have not brought the Hymer group caravans into the UK due to cost/Euro exchange rates. The only real exception being the Eriba's, which again I think suit the Cali but are dear.

We have a small Bailey Orion which although not as stylish as this Knaus, we feel is a good compromise as a base-camp for nights out wild camping

original post alf170

We have a Coachman Amara 380/2, small chap too but serves great as a base camp with the 3 dogs. Along side the Cali, reckon have the best of all worlds for prolonged stays in the hills with 'van and ventures out for day/weekend and island hopping with Cali.

Original post mickyblue

'Best of both worlds' is what we think we have now also.

Having been 'tuggers' for several years, then moving to the freedom of a coach-built MH, (but with the drawback of size in inner town/cities) we feel a Cali + small tin-tent is going to spot on for us.

Original post andy

That is going to hammer an already none to good fuel consumption !!

Original post mickyblue

Nov 26, 2011, 12:55pm, andy wrote: That is going to hammer an already none to good fuel consumption !!

Well a Shogun with a 7.2m 1450kg caravan does about 21mpg on diesel under my pilotage, & no better than 27-8mpg solo.

A Freelander2 diesel auto with the same 7.2m caravan does.. erm 21ish mpg, and 27-32mpg solo.

A 6.75m coach-built 3500kg Ducato MH does 21mpg towing an 1100kg car on an A frame, or about 24-7mpg solo.... you can see where I'm going with this

So how it will compare with a Cali towing a 1200kg caravan......dunno, but I bet it wont be much different

Back