Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitchen left hand sliding door door catch replacement.

seasiders1

seasiders1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Has anyone tried to replace the left hand kitchen door frame catch. Mine has split and the door is now rattling. I’ve removed the circular panel which leads to the lower part of the fridge but cannot get my hand up and behind to undo the screws holding the catch in place…..I think maybe the fridge has to come out? Perhaps I’ll just drill and put a self tapping screw through the front of the upper part in the photo (and return the replacement I bought)…anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks, Peter

B953B537-F655-4DE1-8CA7-BCCE99E67192.jpeg

79346906-9E40-459B-A927-726F9623F5FF.jpeg

Has anyone tried to replace the left hand kitchen door frame catch. Mine has split and the door is now rattling. I’ve removed the circular panel which leads to the lower part of the fridge but cannot get my hand up and behind to undo the screws holding the catch in place…..I think maybe the fridge has to come out? Perhaps I’ll just drill and put a self tapping screw through the front of the upper part in the photo (and return the replacement I bought)…anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks, Peter

View attachment 87364

View attachment 87365
Are you sure it is screwed in?
This parts diagram doesn't show any screws or rivets. Part 13

Screenshot 2021-12-11 at 18.56.49.jpg

I shattered mine and stuck it back together with gorilla superglue.
Part of the fitting that was attached to the sliding door was also broken in the smash and i fixed that with the same.

I don't recall there being any screws in the frame or door. In fact the fitting in the door was weird to fit back on the recess for it when I'd finished glueing it together.

It all started when something on the shelf in the cupboard fell over and jammed the door and there was no way I could work it lose. I resorted to brute force I'm ashamed to say but gorilla glue (as often) saved the day. I was fortunate to find/save all the pieces.

Are you sure it is screwed in?
This parts diagram doesn't show any screws or rivets. Part 13

View attachment 87387
Thanks for this WelshGas, that’s very helpful. I have checked the part number on this diagram against the item I bought and it’s the same. It has two lugs and two screws to secure it . I think I’ll break off the old one and glue in the new one.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I shattered mine and stuck it back together with gorilla superglue.
Part of the fitting that was attached to the sliding door was also broken in the smash and i fixed that with the same.

I don't recall there being any screws in the frame or door. In fact the fitting in the door was weird to fit back on the recess for it when I'd finished glueing it together.

It all started when something on the shelf in the cupboard fell over and jammed the door and there was no way I could work it lose. I resorted to brute force I'm ashamed to say but gorilla glue (as often) saved the day. I was fortunate to find/save all the pieces.
Thanks Barry, I think I’ll break off the old one and glue in the new one with gorilla glue…

It should not be a huge job to dismount the fridge and lift I up? I think there is a description in her on how its done … maybe worth a search.

Back