Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kia ora from NZ.

Off-The-Beaton-Track

Off-The-Beaton-Track

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
We have recently bought a T5 Cali which (like myself) is originally from the UK but now calls New Zealand home. We live in Northland and have already had a few short trips to the Far North and are looking forward to many years of adventures and memories ahead.

Screenshot_20210612-200432_Facebook.jpg

We have recently bought a T5 Cali which (like myself) is originally from the UK but now calls New Zealand home. We live in Northland and have already had a few short trips to the Far North and are looking forward to many years of adventures and memories ahead.

View attachment 80476
Welcome lovely photo hope to get there one day myself.

View attachment 80476
Cooor! What a lovely pic to open in London with my Bran Flakes. I love NZ, been 3 times, north and south island and look forward to taking my daughter one day. My ex hailed from Orewa north of Auckland (home to newly weds and nearly deads as her hilarious Dad used to say) and spent some great days on beaches like that.
Welcome to this great forum.

View attachment 80476
06F52CE9-24BD-479C-A993-AC6E7D969699.jpegKeep an eye out for my old Cali 4motion as that headed there, just wish I had gone with it too! (Pic is Scotland when I had it).

Hi from Auckland! There is a VW California NZ page on Facebook if you haven’t already found it and joined!

68EECD6A-5163-4933-9B0C-6334C7070C02.jpeg

Hi from Auckland! There is a VW California NZ page on Facebook if you haven’t already found it and joined!

View attachment 80619
Thanks Debra, I'm already a member of the NZ Cali FB page. It is growing fast but there are just so many more people here to get inspiration from and ask questions. The only problem is I see some amazing products that we either can't get or cost a kidney to send here...

View attachment 80476
Welcome! What a beautiful spot! Where is it if I may ask? Looks a bit like Te Arai? Forrestry?

Hi 680, the pic was taken at a freedom camping spot in Doubtless Bay, Far North called Ramp Road. It's on the way out to the Karikari Peninsula and has amazing views of the sunrise. Rarawa Beach is still definitely my favourite spot to camp in the Far North though.

I live not that far north of Te Arai point and although it's really nice it feels a bit too close to home to camp at if you know what I mean?

Do you have any favourite spots to camp yourself?

Thanks Debra, I'm already a member of the NZ Cali FB page. It is growing fast but there are just so many more people here to get inspiration from and ask questions. The only problem is I see some amazing products that we either can't get or cost a kidney to send here...
Yeah, I used to order them to go to Dads because my old job had me back to The UK twice a year and then I would pick them up from there. Or get him to bring them out for his Xmas stay. We can send stuff to a UK nz post address and then get NZ post to ship it here, they were charging more than any of the suppliers tho at times.

Hi 680, the pic was taken at a freedom camping spot in Doubtless Bay, Far North called Ramp Road. It's on the way out to the Karikari Peninsula and has amazing views of the sunrise. Rarawa Beach is still definitely my favourite spot to camp in the Far North though.

I live not that far north of Te Arai point and although it's really nice it feels a bit too close to home to camp at if you know what I mean?

Do you have any favourite spots to camp yourself?
I can't say yet. I'm a new cali camper, so I have yet to explore our beautiful country in this way. I do love Tawharanui Regional Park, one of our first camping spots, close to home, but a good way to start since it's not too far to whip back home to fetch something that has been missed or forgotten. Waiting for more pleasant weather for trips further afield. We did a trip to Miranda. Their hot pool was wonderful on a cold winter evening.

Did an exchange Cali tour to New Zealand early 2020 we borrowed their Cali and they borrowed our Cali .
That sounds like a great idea. I have friends with a T2.5 Westie that lent it to a German couple a few years back with that same intention... but then someone ate a bat and that was the end if that plan. Hopefully when things are a bit more open we'll look to do something like that as I'd love to tour Scotland with my kids and show them where Dad is from. I'd be more than happy to do a reciprocal swap and have a UK family explore NZ in our Cali.