Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kenwood DNX520VBT and iPhone 5

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
The 4S synched well with the above system but my 5 seems a bit pants. Takes a while to be useable, no address book access, hardly ever let's me direct dial, no voice activation (can be done with Siri but for some reason it automatically dials my own number).

All works fine with the cars Parrot i9200 system.

Any ideas anyone?!

It's a guess but I'm thinkiing the BT connectoid may be different on iPhone5. I couldnt pair mine properly with a BT portable speaker (it paired fine, but just didnt want to do anything). iPhone4 was fine. I know Apple are a bit wierd with their bluetooth functionality.

There's a thread on the apple support forums with all manner of oddness, from no connection/pairing issues to basic functions ok, but none of the good stuff working.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4328188?start=0&tstart=0 - 13 pages and counting!

You probably know Apple never acknowledge anything in their own forums, but I'd expect an iOS update should fix this shortly.

AndyFromTheBrac said:
It's a guess but I'm thinkiing the BT connectoid may be different on iPhone5. I couldnt pair mine properly with a BT portable speaker (it paired fine, but just didnt want to do anything). iPhone4 was fine. I know Apple are a bit wierd with their bluetooth functionality.

There's a thread on the apple support forums with all manner of oddness, from no connection/pairing issues to basic functions ok, but none of the good stuff working.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4328188?start=0&tstart=0 - 13 pages and counting!

You probably know Apple never acknowledge anything in their own forums, but I'd expect an iOS update should fix this shortly.

Cheers Andy. We have similar here - usually pairs fine (occasionally needs doing manually) but that's it - still have to do almost everything from the phone itself. Which pretty much removes the point of having bluetooth!

Seems to work a bit better now.

I've had a "reminder" flash up that my map data needs updating; only thing I can find is an £80 Euro city maps thing. Is this the only option?!

Does this unit work with the iPhone 5? Im hearing conflicting views??

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
Does this unit work with the iPhone 5? Im hearing conflicting views??

Ours always works but rarely with full functionality.

I spoke to someone at Kenwood about the new DAB model and they said that the iPhone 5 will work with it but you have to get the proper connector from Apple (lightening connector!?!). He said a lot of customers have problems with iPhone 5 functionality when they have bought a non-Apple connector. The Apple one is relatively expensive.

I will try and find out if it is the same for this model.

cheers

Back