Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Keeping place on site when out for the day..

B

Bromley47

iVan Sets Off
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hopefully picking our nearly new Cali up early Jan. One question we have for you more experienced camper van owners is once you get to a camping site and park up where reception tells you to, on most sites if you go out for the day, do you return to the same site? i.e do they keep it for you!! This question is mostly for sites where there are no marked up parking positions and maybe just a field?

Hopefully picking our nearly new Cali up early Jan. One question we have for you more experienced camper van owners is once you get to a camping site and park up where reception tells you to, on most sites if you go out for the day, do you return to the same site? i.e do they keep it for you!! This question is mostly for sites where there are no marked up parking positions and maybe just a field?
On sites where Reception give you a numbered pitch, then not a problem. On sites with marked out pitches that you pick yourself more of a problem. We have a pop up toilet tent that marks the pitch, so something similar. We also have a Campervan Notice on a peg that we use to mark a pitch. Camping on an unmarked field then we have 4 flags on sticks to mark the 4 corners + the sign +/- pop up tent.

Something like this. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pitch-re...311224?hash=item23af9016f8:g:aHUAAOSwGhxZdGJq

One of the reasons some take a TV when camping ...they are affraid to leave the pitch so they just stay inside and watch soaps instead...:D

Like that Hotel California :thumb

I also second the BigTed pitch markers......like..

pitch-1-png.22985

I have an @Bigted pitch marker.

Thank you guys - will keep an eye on the shop for one.

We tend to leave our hookup cable plugged in and coiled up by the pitch. (Unless real downpours are likely, of course, when we unplug it!)

Or once we had a watering can with us for some reason, which was a rather fun marker. That was in a friend's bigger van, though - it would have taken too much space in a VW :)

We tend to leave our hookup cable plugged in and coiled up by the pitch. (Unless real downpours are likely, of course, when we unplug it!)

Or once we had a watering can with us for some reason, which was a rather fun marker. That was in a friend's bigger van, though - it would have taken too much space in a VW :)

We left a washing line across our pitch in Croatia to reserve it. Came back and the pitch was empty and the washing line gone! It was a nice line too...

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I bought a fold up warning triangle & attach an old number plate to it when leaving the pitch. Does not blow over and packs away nicely too.

If you move your mouse cursor over the users name you'll get a pop-up with brief facts and figures about the user - there's a button 'Start Conversation' which will create a private message conversation with the user.

Sorry for the daft question, but how do we PM to order one of these please?
On the top menu bar, next to “ What’s New “ there is an Envelope Icon. Click on that then click on - Start new conversation. In recipients start typing the Forum members name. In this case Big Ted. A list appears and click on Big Ted. Then in the next pane below Type your message.
326639A7-EACF-49C2-BC73-59ACA4CC25BE.png

On the top menu bar, next to “ What’s New “ there is an Envelope Icon. Click on that then click on - Start new conversation. In recipients start typing the Forum members name. In this case Big Ted. A list appears and click on Big Ted. Then in the next pane below Type your message.
View attachment 45003
Much appreciated, many thanks

16+3€ for a PC printed sign:
You simply push the PolyCarbonate tubular panel over the metal pegs. It is just tight enough so that it does not fly away.
(Next time I would order the sign at the size that would just fit into the frame, making it protected, and even more compact).

More Correx used up and a laminated sign from the home printer.

20200416_143010.jpg20200416_181543.jpg

Last edited:
Back