Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kampa Geyser separate gas bottle.

1960Bus

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi,

I finally gave in and ordered a Cali after years of camping with Split Screens. I’ve started buying some accessories while I wait for the van including a Kampa Geyser hot water heater. Is everyone using a separate gas bottle? Which cylinders are people using?

cheers
Dan

Hi-
I use the same bottle as in the van. I fitted quick release connectors. You can also use the cadac 2 to 1 accessory and so the smaller screw bottles. If I used it only for washing up I might use the cadac option. But we use it for showers too so would use up the small cans too quickly. Good luck with it- we found it excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi-
I use the same bottle as in the van. I fitted quick release connectors. You can also use the cadac 2 to 1 accessory and so the smaller screw bottles. If I used it only for washing up I might use the cadac option. But we use it for showers too so would use up the small cans too quickly. Good luck with it- we found it excellent

If it’s not a personal question: How do you do your shower setup? In the van, shower tent outside, in the awning?

Hi-

Hi could you tell me which quick release connectors you are using? Cheers

Hi,

I finally gave in and ordered a Cali after years of camping with Split Screens. I’ve started buying some accessories while I wait for the van including a Kampa Geyser hot water heater. Is everyone using a separate gas bottle? Which cylinders are people using?

cheers
Dan
Fitted a short length of 8mm hose to the gas outlet on the geyser with a clip and a brass QR male connector to the free end. Have 3 different regulators for 1. Campingaz 907 2.Cadac/Coleman 500 screw bottles and 3. Calor 5kg click on - all with a female brass QR connectors. Wanted the flexibility. Do loads of cooking on the cadac and the shower will be for 4 of us everyday, so can't just rely on the 907 in the van for everything and would prefer to take the smaller Coleman 500's as it appears to work out cheaper. 6 cans for £23 or a 907 refill for £35.

This is great thank you. Could I ask where you get these connectors from?

This is great thank you. Could I ask where you get these connectors from?
I'm sure you can pick them up in any 'hardware' shop. I bought mine from Amazon . There are lots of options., varying in price by a few pounds, depending on how many male/ female parts and if clips included. eg. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075765NP6/?tag=eliteelect-21

p.s - have tried the Geyser with butane and propane and all work brilliantly. (Campingaz 907, a Calor Gas 5kg bottle and the Coleman 500/Cadac bottles). Water can get really hot. Someone else on the forum mentioned that they had changed the water outlets to brass QR connectors but have found the new updated plastic QR connectors supplied with the geyser work very well without any leakage. The only slight leakage I can see is slightly around the outlet on the 12v water pump but it's negligible.

Last edited:
If it’s not a personal question: How do you do your shower setup? In the van, shower tent outside, in the awning?

Hi - when it’s warm and not crowded I hang the shower head from the loop inside the the tailgate with the boot up and use that - good for kids! It balance perfectly. If you want more privacy we use a shower tent

Inline Quick Release Fitting Coupling for 8mm i/d propane/butane gas Hose (49) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0757521T9/?tag=eliteelect-21

I think these are the ones I bought

Inline Quick Release Fitting Coupling for 8mm i/d propane/butane gas Hose (49) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0757521T9/?tag=eliteelect-21

I think these are the ones I bought

I see this up to test today. It works great. How much water per person can you get away with for a shower? I’m guessing I’ll need some additional containers.

I see this up to test today. It works great. How much water per person can you get away with for a shower? I’m guessing I’ll need some additional containers.
We've settled on a Kampa 10 litre collapsible bucket which, when tested 3 times with the Geyser, consistently gave approximately 5 minutes of shower time. The only problem then obviously, is refilling the bucket!

I'm sure you can pick them up in any 'hardware' shop. I bought mine from Amazon . There are lots of options., varying in price by a few pounds, depending on how many male/ female parts and if clips included. eg. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075765NP6/?tag=eliteelect-21

p.s - have tried the Geyser with butane and propane and all work brilliantly. (Campingaz 907, a Calor Gas 5kg bottle and the Coleman 500/Cadac bottles). Water can get really hot. Someone else on the forum mentioned that they had changed the water outlets to brass QR connectors but have found the new updated plastic QR connectors supplied with the geyser work very well without any leakage. The only slight leakage I can see is slightly around the outlet on the 12v water pump but it's negligible.
hi, which regulator do you use to connect it to the Coleman 500 like bottles? can u share witth me the link?

thank you. in Switzerland I can buy Primus propane bottles. Would that work?
I'm not familiar with that make of bottle but had a look just now and looks exactly like the Coleman/Cadac screw connection. The Kampa Geyser can work with either propane or butane as long as you've got an appropriate regulator.

Back