Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just ordered new Cali..no sleep till February!

W

willdabeest

VIP Member
Hi all,

After weeks of dithering I've today ordered a new 180 DSG with various bells & whistles including RNS510, DAB, parking sensors, awning, MFSW, bike rack, extra seat.
Thanks for all the help from the forum, plus a useful visit to Camper-vantastic in Forest Hill, which gave me loads of invaluable advice and let me see some vans up close in various colours.
It still took ages to nail the colour though..Olympian Blue got the nod over Sand Beige and Dark Wood. Wanted something bright and beautiful to cheer us up after winter..

Will

Congratulations!

Sounds like a fantastic spec you've ordered, the blue is a great colour.

There are a few of us now waiting the long wait. Yet to get my build date, salesperson thought it'd be a couple of weeks to get a firm date, so still hoping for early Jan '14.

Andy

Good colour choice fella .. Get ready to empty your wallet in the new year then , but its worth it ...well I think it is ... Lol lol :)

Campervanspatic are they a garage ?

choplee said:
Good colour choice fella .. Get ready to empty your wallet in the new year then , but its worth it ...well I think it is ... Lol lol :)

Campervanspatic are they a garage ?

Campervan-tastic is a rental firm but they sell used vans too plus loads of accessories. They're a friendly bunch who are passionate about the Cali and gave me lots of tips about specs etc. They're in Forest Hill, South London. I ended up ordering mine from Jubilee in Birmingham though as they do wheelchair modifications, which we need for my step-daughter. We're all very excited, although my 6-year-old son has just dropped the bombshell that he'd prefer Sand Beige..

Hi there

Congrats! I know what you mean about no sleep ... We ordered our Cali in July (also from Jubilee, in case father in law needs the odd lift). We were told to expect a 5-6 month wait but checked last week and it seems our new arrival may be with us as soon as later this month or early next! Just as well as I've also had trouble sleeping with all the excitement over our new addition. We also dithered over the colour (my six year old son and my hubby would have liked bright yellow and I was thankful that this colour was only available for the Beach!). We chose grey in the end... I am doing lots of 'homework' on the forum so that we are fully prepared when our Cali arrives, but I realise increasingly how much we will have to learn!

Anyway I am sure the wait will be worth it! We're heading to the Birmingham nec show in a couple of weeks; and of course busy Cali spotting on every trip in the meantime!

Will post pic when ours arrives!

OxCal said:
Hi there

Congrats! I know what you mean about no sleep ... We ordered our Cali in July (also from Jubilee, in case father in law needs the odd lift). We were told to expect a 5-6 month wait but checked last week and it seems our new arrival may be with us as soon as later this month or early next! Just as well as I've also had trouble sleeping with all the excitement over our new addition. We also dithered over the colour (my six year old son and my hubby would have liked bright yellow and I was thankful that this colour was only available for the Beach!). We chose grey in the end... I am doing lots of 'homework' on the forum so that we are fully prepared when our Cali arrives, but I realise increasingly how much we will have to learn!

Anyway I am sure the wait will be worth it! We're heading to the Birmingham nec show in a couple of weeks; and of course busy Cali spotting on every trip in the meantime!

Will post pic when ours arrives!
OxCal, that sounds very promising re. delivery - funnily enough our 6-year-old is called Sonny and he was also pushing for the yellow at one point (sunny colour). Do let me know how you get on when it arrives, perhaps our boys will cross paths at a campsite one day..
WDB

I will and yes, that would be nice!

Always on the lookout for play opportunities for our son - gets a bit boring for him hanging out with just us oldies all the time. We definitely want to attend some of the meets once we have our Cali as there seem to be so many nice people on the forum and the photos from previous meets always look very inviting. Plus we have lots to learn from more experienced members, until hopefully before too long we will be able to pass on useful tips to other newbies!

Back