Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just joined

D

David O'Neill

Dorset Dave
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi everyone, my wife and I have just joined the club and we are looking to buy our first California. We are now going to become 'crossovers' (motorhome to campervan) and are very excited at the prospect of getting back on the road.
We have recently relocated back to the UK after living 5 years in south west Ireland and are now based in Dorset. It would be great to hear from anyone regarding any purchasing pitfalls we should be aware of, or any tips would also be welcome.
We are looking forward to meeting like minded people at the rallies and during our future travels.

David & Marie

good morning and welcome david & marie

Welcome here!
Did you alteady rent one? Do you tend to Beach, Coast or Ocean? New? Any questions? Ask away, golks here are happy to help!

Hi everyone, my wife and I have just joined the club and we are looking to buy our first California. We are now going to become 'crossovers' (motorhome to campervan) and are very excited at the prospect of getting back on the road.
We have recently relocated back to the UK after living 5 years in south west Ireland and are now based in Dorset. It would be great to hear from anyone regarding any purchasing pitfalls we should be aware of, or any tips would also be welcome.
We are looking forward to meeting like minded people at the rallies and during our future travels.

David & Marie
If buying New, make sure you get 1. Extended 2 yr Factory Warranty, 2. Service Pack. Both of which are only on new vehicles and the Warranty has to be purchased within 3 months of Registration.

Try and purchase from a Dealership that sells Californias and knows about them. Not all do.

Check out the Dealer Reviews section.

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

If buying New, make sure you get 1. Extended 2 yr Factory Warranty, 2. Service Pack. Both of which are only on new vehicles and the Warranty has to be purchased within 3 months of Registration.

Try and purchase from a Dealership that sells Californias and knows about them. Not all do.

Check out the Dealer Reviews section.

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
Great advice and noted. Many thanks.

Welcome here!
Did you alteady rent one? Do you tend to Beach, Coast or Ocean? New? Any questions? Ask away, golks here are happy to help!
We've had a motorhome ..... fell to bits as usual. looking at the Ocean range, probably used with low mileage through the dealer network initially. Thanks again

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your search.

Welcome on board .

Hi David & Marie,
Welcome to the site where there is a wealth of accurate info and informed opinion.
We rented three times and also rented a great white Motorhome (which was almost new - and was already falling to bits). We wish we had bought one years ago though they suit retirement particularly well. I remember a lady on this forum saying that they view their Cali as an extension to their home rather than a vehicle. She’s quite right.

Welcome! Good luck with the search for a nice van!

David & Marie
Hi David and Marie - welcome to the club hope to source a good van soon and welcome back to Dorset

The OP was from November 2018. Not sure why everyone is saying welcome in December 2020?

:welcome A bit tardy of me David, but Welcome all the same :cheers