Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just Arrived

No it was 1 year old. but to pay for the transporter for them to drive it up to Scotland and run the batteries dead, I'll be having it out with them when the sales man returns from his holidays ;)
The batteries shouldn't be dead after a 500 mile drive even if the heater was used overnight... have they been allowed to go flat on the forecourt? If you can get them replaced under warranty then all is good.

They've said to get it into a commercial VW garage to get them to check the batteries if they're dead they'll replace them under warranty;)

Perfectos and All,
thanks for the advice which worked a treat, received a phone call back form the boss and the boss's Boss who have told me to get the batteries checked at a garage but said not a problem as they are still under warranty, if dud they'll replace them. They are going to repay me all the delivery charge + £100 for the fuel and to go to garage and get any small scratches fixed. Getting him to confirm it in email to me.

More than happy with the outcome, it is good to complain :thumb ;)

Thanks Again, really appreciated

Paul
I must say you are being very laid back about all this but I suppose as long as you are happy Paul, that's the main thing.

One thing still irks me though and it's not even my van. Since they have only agreed to do what they should have done in the first place, are they going to offer you a generous gesture of goodwill for all the hassle and disappointment they have put you through? After all, you are having to do their job for them which will no doubt cost you even more in time and money.

Anyway, once you've got everything sorted I hope you can start to enjoy your van and that this episode hasn't dampened your enthusiasm. Good luck.

Borris,
just glad I took every bodies advice and asked the question, also glad they came good as I waited long enough to find this one with the spec, I wasn't wanting to send it back as haven't saw any like it at the price etc

Im a happy Camper now :)

cheers

Paul

Congrats Paul,

A perfect result, worth every penny of your VIP membership, glad the collective helped :cheers

There is one thing that you have failed to do

POST A PICTURE haha

Congrats Paul,

A perfect result, worth every penny of your VIP membership, glad the collective helped :cheers

There is one thing that you have failed to do

POST A PICTURE haha
Hi Paul,
I have a few more thoughts. Over the last year that I was looking to buy a California 4 motion I kept a constant eye out for the approved used vehicles to get an idea of prices etc. I noticed that Marshals have had one for sale for many months. It sounds as though the dealers may have failed to do proper checks to make sure that the leisure batteries were in good order after so long on the forecourt. If this was the issue then another problem could be excessively rusted discs. I wonder if the dealers thought that a 500 mile run in a little used vehicle might be sufficient to re charge batteries that may have been sitting around -and also enough to give the brakes a bit of a wake up. I would advise getting a bit more detailed history on this vehicle. I would suggest you have the brakes looked at at the same time . If any doubt insist on new leisure batteries. This shocking service will have spoilt your start with this van. Very odd that the van was not delivered as intended. Good Luck. You have significant rights under consumer protection for used vehicles in the first 30 days.