Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is your van your only vehicle? (Poll included)

Is your van your only vehicle?

• Yes

Votes: 114 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 130 53.3%

• Total voters
There won't be a right or wrong answer here. In our case, we sold our car on the day we picked up the Cali and have been using the Cali as our only car. Works just fine - nothing special about it to be honest.

The fact that our car was a family estate car that was the same size as the Cali maybe helps us finding the Cali to be just like a normal car. We also don't commute, the kids' school and local shops are within walking distance and we generally don't use the car for daily errands. That helps not needing a second smaller car.

Supermarket shopping is actually where the Cali really shines and is so much better than a car. Having this huge boot + the fridge for the fresh and frozen stuff is awesome.

And on a day-to-day basis, having an on-board toilet has saved us a lot of hassle quite a few times already.

Could have guessed that but do you have it prepared (filled with liquids) all the time?

Could have guessed that but do you have it prepared (filled with liquids) all the time?
why not? just in winter the flushing water tank is empty and I flush it from a bottle 2/3 filled to allow it to freeze if cold.

Yup, ours is ready every time. If we go on a weekend or a day out, it gets cleaned if used. Else, every 4 weeks or so, give it a rinse, clean and a refill!
why, do you think the aquakem will lose its properties ?

why, do you think the aquakem will lose its properties ?
nope, just feels more fresh, that is it. I don't think anything will go stale in that time. It is not required.

I am just about to clean it shortly as we had used the van over the weekend and have not got down to cleaning it yet ... and our son may want to use the van in the next few days.

It’s a Trelino separation toilet. There is no chemicals or any other liquid involved or any prep required. It’s always ready.

Thanks for the continued input :thumb

It’s also interesting to see the toilet talk as that’s something else I had been wondering about, as in, do you travel with it all ready to use with chemicals etc.

Thanks for the continued input :thumb

It’s also interesting to see the toilet talk as that’s something else I had been wondering about, as in, do you travel with it all ready to use with chemicals etc.
As our portapotti it's used only for no1s at night, it is always just loaded with flushing water + a splash of chem in the flush tank, and just water in the waste tank.
Chem to be added to the waste tank are at hand should an emergency require them. It has never happened yet.

Back