Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is there increasing resistance against EV’s?

It is not me with the agenda!

I simply don’t believe that of May 2022 no EV has visited Nordkapp. Yet you stick to your position, “I heard it so it must be true”. That fits YOUR agenda.
I admire how you twist comments to fit your agenda. Kings Place must be proud of you.

They could’ve built a standard train line for less than half the HS2 cost.
That would answer the capacity issue.
Fewer people are using the trains post covid. There’s a strong argument this project needs to be scrapped or at least re-thought considering the mind boggling numbers involved in building HS2.

Let’s be honest, in a country a small as ours, we don’t need faster trains, we just need clean, reliable, regular and a well maintained.
It’s past the point of no return @soulstyledevon it won’t be scrapped.

The long term goal must surely be to connect our major cities to those across the EU and get people out of aircraft?

They could’ve built a standard train line for less than half the HS2 cost.
That would answer the capacity issue.
Fewer people are using the trains post covid. There’s a strong argument this project needs to be scrapped or at least re-thought considering the mind boggling numbers involved in building HS2.

Let’s be honest, in a country a small as ours, we don’t need faster trains, we just need clean, reliable, regular and a well maintained.

I agree. I don’t know why they couldn’t have added another pair or tracks to an existing line.

But I’m no expert.

Euston to Glasgow by train is a little over 5 hrs; King’s Cross to Edinburgh a similar time.

That’s fast enough for me.

But with the strong political opposition there has been for HS2, there must be good environmental and/or economic reasons for it going ahead.

But with the strong political opposition there has been for HS2, there must be good environmental and/or economic reasons for it going ahead.

No environmental sense whatsoever. Just the destruction of ancient British woodland and Greenfields.

The real motive for HS2?
Wealth & Greed…!!!

There will be massive development around the HS2 Interchange on the edge of the NEC and Birmingham Airport before reaching Birmingham.
Watch for the expansion of the airport.
It’s Greenbelt land, but will become one of the biggest building sites in Europe.
Then the planned development for Birmingham centre is massive.
Here’s just a snippet of planned work which I picked up working in a building a few weeks ago.

Some might say this is all good.
But it’s outdated proposals and development planning from 15 years ago.
We should be investing in future technologies, green sustainable infrastructure, world leading IT systems and networks that benefits the entire population not a small segment of the country.
HS2 is the tip of the iceberg. This project is designed to make obscene wealth for the few…

The world changed in Covid 2020 and it won’t ever go back to where it was.

F1460069-2159-409D-96F8-0169F8FC5FFD.jpeg

It’s past the point of no return @soulstyledevon it won’t be scrapped.

The long term goal must surely be to connect our major cities to those across the EU and get people out of aircraft?

Sounds reasonable.
Shame the trains aren’t compatible with the European system.
You honestly couldn’t make this stuff up…

Not sure if anyone’s posted this yet. Worth a watch. I have an EV as well as the camper for those wondering what I think of EVs. Much more is needed than replacing every ICE car with an EV. We need a just transition.

So (another) rail link North to South makes everything right.
There’s nothing with HS2 we haven’t already got only half an hour quicker. And another £150 billion down the toilet. What we really need is More Doctors, more Nurses and above all More hospitals.
Nothing to do with doctors and nurses. If the government cancelled HS2 do you really think the Treasury would invest the capital money into spend on doctors and nurses ? Not in a million years! You’re completely missing the truth that national infrastructure has ALWAYS been the foundation of ANY nations future wealth. We need north-south, east-west, and indeed north-north (which the full HS2 also helps).

Nothing to do with doctors and nurses. If the government cancelled HS2 do you really think the Treasury would invest the capital money into spend on doctors and nurses ? Not in a million years! You’re completely missing the truth that national infrastructure has ALWAYS been the foundation of ANY nations future wealth. We need north-south, east-west, and indeed north-north (which the full HS2 also helps).

The Full HS2 programme went to Manchester and Leeds.
It’s already lost one part, just waiting to hear the second leg will be axed…

Sounds reasonable.
Shame the trains aren’t compatible with the European system.
You honestly couldn’t make this stuff up…
Not uncommon even on mainland Europe for incompatibilities, liability reasons etc. I'm taken a Deutsche Bahn ICE direct service from Hannover to Amsterdam next Friday to collect my California and the locomotives get switched at the border.

Not sure if anyone’s posted this yet. Worth a watch. I have an EV as well as the camper for those wondering what I think of EVs. Much more is needed than replacing every ICE car with an EV. We need a just transition.

Harry talks a LOT of sense

Interesting : Sunday Times, Business Section, January 29 "Fossil Fuels Lined Up to Play it Again".

^ sorry, this might be on the wrong thread.

This is the EV haters thread innit:D
Could admin move to the one where people aren't too fussed.
Well I’m not an EV hater and I started it!

Mmm, maybe I could change the title again? :D

If folk want an EV then fine. No issues. They are a great drive and will positively impact local air quality. They are not a "cure all" and come with their own set of issues - as does any manufactured item. They will have something close to zero impact on climate change. I do not see why they should be stuffed down peoples' throats

I wondered what the hell was going on. Not good for those with unreliable memories.
Hehe, well as it happens I have changed it back to the original title…….. let’s see if we can all stay on topic eh?

Back