Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is anyone skiing in the Alps?

Aidy P

Aidy P

Don't play that 'What If?' game, you'll never win!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I've got a channel crossing booked on Saturday and the plan is to get to the Alps to ski next Sunday and Monday with my daughter and a friend and his daughter with us all staying in the van. Yep. Crazy road trip but what great memories for the kids!

Is anyone skiing at present and if so where are you and what are the conditions like please?

I was planning on Samoen on a Le Grand Massiff but it's forecasting 22'C next week so I suspect that a change of plan is required. Webcam is showing it looking a bit thin.

Thank you

Reactions: DM
I'm currently in Les Arc 1950, conditions are excellent. Sunny yesterday 20 degrees at the bottom of the valley and -2 at the top, today cloudy with snow all afternoon looks like it will warm up towards the end of the week though.

Came back 2 weeks ago from VT, 3.5m on the top with pretty much the whole of the 3 valleys available off piste ... never seen so much snow.
Back in 3 weeks for the closing parties.

We are just back from La Rosierre and conditions were brilliant. We've done that road trip many times in our T25 and also the motorhome. This time we took the Cali, but as we were staying high up rented a cheap cabin at a campsite.