Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Irritating squeak

T6LB

T6LB

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi all
Over the last month I have had a irritating squeak in the rear of the cabin it sounds like polystyrene rubbing against something I can't find where it is coming from has any one else had this problem and solved it

Thanks Lee

Hi all
Over the last month I have had a irritating squeak in the rear of the cabin it sounds like polystyrene rubbing against something I can't find where it is coming from has any one else had this problem and solved it

Thanks Lee
Yes. Spray some Silicon spray Round the fridge lid seal and up into the latch.
Also if you look inside the kitchen cupboards, both sides, you'll see some bolts on the

We also had one, and progressively ended up removing things t try and work out where it came from, posted the following after it was fixed.

Our 2016 Ocean developed an annoying squeak which sounded to be from behind the rear seats. After much searching we found that occasionally a similar squeaky noise happened when touching the water tank.
By now just about anything that could be removed had been removed, including gas bottle.
Concerned we contacted Volkswagen Van Centre (West Yorkshire), explained the problem and that it was getting worse, and asked if it would be covered under the warranty, and were told yes.
They did some investigation and concluded it would require the kitchen/wardrobe unit taking out to find the problem.

Picked up Cali yesterday afternoon. I was shown photos of the work at different stages and also the culprit of nearly nine hours labour.

The cause - a 'Jubilee clip' around one of the pipes to the fresh water drain valve touching an internal part of the kitchen unit, causing the noise.

The solution - reposition the clip so the screw part could not touch anything.

The result - two happy Cali owners:):)

Found it, the chairs were squeaking like mad in the rear tailgate, thanks for all your advice

Lee
Hi Lee I also have v annoying rattle coming from rear tailgate somewhere. Could you advise how you got rid of your squeak from yours?

Many thanks!

Found it, the chairs were squeaking like mad in the rear tailgate, thanks for all your advice

Lee
Hi Lee I also have v annoying rattle coming from rear tailgate somewhere. Could you advise how you got rid of your squeak from yours?

Many thanks!
Same here - and it’s getting worse!
I’ve removed both seats and they appeared to have been stowed away correctly, with the polystyrene looking to be all in order.

Any advice welcome

In ours we tracked it down to the roof mounted cupboard. Tell tale sign was a fine white powdery where the two surfaces had been rubbing.

Hi all,

Sorry for late reply the squeaking from behind the tailgate was the chairs in the tailgate, how I solved this I unzipped the tailgate and packed a bath towel behind the chairs and the squeak was miraculously gone it was the chair metal and the polystyrene rubbing together .

Back