Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

iPad micro sim and data plan - France

M

McMeefia

Hi everyone,
I'd like to know what the best way of accessing the Internet from an iPad is when travelling in France?
We've got a 3G wifi ipad, although we've never used a micro sim before. Can you get PAYG for france? Will it cost us the earth to use 3g? I know many people suggest popping into McDonald's and using their wifi, but the idea of McDomald's every time we need to log on ....bleurgh!
The main reason for using the net will be to plan the next stop. Nice to do once the kids have gone to sleep, with a leisurely glass of wine in hand!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cathy & Matt, Lana (5) and Bertie (2).

Wifi is everywhere in France including even the most basic campsites but you can try here http://www.0044.co.uk , but shop around as there are loads of different rates out there from different companies, however they will never be as cheap as your UK Tariff. I used to have an Orange France PAYG SIM with a data bundle which does work out much cheaper but the SIM deactivates if not used for six months, you can normally find them on Ebay or just buy one when you arrive in France.